Remote Working Considered
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
The Senior Buyer will develop sourcing and category plans to support the business and deliver best in class procurement across the business as required, with a focus on providing procurement delivery for Indirect spend.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Support the Head of Procurement in the development and execution of annual saving plans and develop and lead negotiations for agreed spend areas to achieve short-term and long-term savings targets.
- Support the overall development and delivery of assigned categories to research supply markets, suppliers, and assess trends, opportunities, and risks
- Deliver value, by effectively managing tender events for key products required by the business
- Apply appropriate competitive cost and process benchmarks, financial analysis and risk management techniques, to solve complex issues
- Manage all phases of strategic sourcing projects as required: data gathering, stakeholder engagement, RFP process, negotiations, contract implementation, and contract management
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a business-related subject, and CIPS qualified.
- Demonstrable expertise across Indirect Spend categories including IT, Telecoms’ , Outsourcing, Marketing and Facilities Management
- Proven track record and experience of working in a procurement management team
- Capability to research markets, to understand the internal and external influences and sell the value of procurement.
- Proven capability in successful delivery of sourcing, category, and tendering exercises, as well tender evaluation, contract management and award
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big finance opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of – apply today!
- Address Crewe