The Calico Group is a values led company who through an integrated approach, using our specialist knowledge and expertise, will work collaboratively with our customers, providing outstanding and innovative services to enable us to find the best possible outcomes, ensuring the future success of the Calico Group. Group Business Services, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Accountant within the Calico Group Corporate Finance Team, you will provide an efficient and effective Corporate Finance Service for both corporate and external customers of the Calico Group companies.
Your role will involve managing a small and busy team and overseeing of cashbook, credit control, credit and debit card and petty cash systems are a key part of the role. You will support the delivery of an effective treasury management function and comply with the regulatory requirements for financial data submissions to the RSH, requirements for VAT and other taxes and ensure that rents are reviewed and monitored in accordance with the Calico Rent Setting Policy and the Rent Standard. Strong relationships with the wider Finance Management Team as well as the Group Business Service teams are essential. As part of the Corporate Finance Team you will support delivery of the finance vision including maximising our IT systems, continuous improvement and embedding a value for money culture.
Regular duties will include
- Ensuring that the requirements of the Calico Group Treasury Policy and strategy are met and reported on as required
- Production of financial returns to the Regulator of Social Housing
- Rent reviews in line with the Calico Rent Setting Policy and the Rent Standard
- Updating of the BRIXX business planning model and stress testing and mitigations
- Overseeing the cashbook and cashflow monitoring systems and processes to meet the cash requirements for the Group and to ensure suppliers are paid in time
- Ensuring that adequate financial controls are in place and that all control account reconciliations are carried out in a timely manner with discrepancies being investigated and resolved
- Monitoring and updating the Open Accounts finance systems and Active H rent system to meet the requirements of the Group and to provide up to date and accurate information
- Overseeing the credit control function
- Overseeing the Right to Buy and Right to Acquire sale processes
- Writing reports
- Attending meetings as part of the wider Corporate and Operational Finance Team
We are looking for a Senior Accountant with a proven track record in a similar position who has excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and is highly organised. Knowledge of treasury management, housing regulations and rent setting processes would be an advantage in this role. You will be joining an exciting, busy team who recognises hard work and understand how important being a close-knit team brings achievement and opportunities.
Your hours of work would be 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The salary for this role is dependent on experience up to a maximum of £38,487.
What you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Homes and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 25th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
What you will need to be a success
- Accountancy Qualification (or working towards) / Qualified by Experience
- Substantial accountancy & project management experience within a similar environment
- Experience of treasury management processes, cash flow and credit control/debt management
- Experience of managing and motivating a team to deliver high levels of staff engagement
- Experience of administration of the Open Accounts finance software system
- Knowledge of BRIXX business planning software
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Microsoft Office proficient with excellent Excel skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Keen level of attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work loads
Ready to Apply?
If you think you have everything we’re looking for, then we’d love to hear from you.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT THE CALICO WEBSITE
Interviews will take place week commencing 9th November 2020.