Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits (bonus, pension, healthcare, life cover, etc)
Location: London (hybrid)
About the role
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for leading and managing small projects/workstreams with minimal supervision of senior team members. As the key point of contact on allocated projects, you’ll instil confidence amongst clients that tasks will be effectively managed through proactive communication.
Working alongside Strategists and Project Managers, you’ll collectively seek high quality, strategically aligned solutions to client problems and ensure the effective delivery of project outputs. You will consistently advocate for your client objectives, using knowledge of their organisation, prescribers, and patients to support communications and needs to the wider multidisciplinary team.
About Fishawack Health
Fishawack Health (FH) is a leading global commercialization partner for the biopharmaceutical, medical technology, and wellness industries.
The future of health is fast-paced and complex, demanding a different approach. Established in 2001, our 1,300+ healthcare experts combine their knowledge and expertise across our 4 core disciplines — Consulting; Medical; Value, Evidence and Access; and Marketing.
Working across the product and service lifecycle, together with our teammates in shared creative teams (Creative Studio, Editorial Services, Motion, Digital, Events, and Media) and Group Services, we engage our collective force to innovate and solve the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
We live and breathe our five values in everything we do: We are authentic. We value difference. We play for the team. We own the challenge. We enjoy the journey. At Fishawack Health, we imagine a healthier world and build the connections to make it happen.
What you’ll do:
- Manage day-to-day client contact and relationship, ensuring they are kept up to date on project status
- Successfully manage projects from resourcing, material briefing and timelines development, to QA reviews and client management
- Manage budgets and asset approvals
- Support on proposals and pitch activity with project administration and development of
- Manage campaigns from initial brief through to execution, ensuring the client is
engaged throughout the process and the creative team are suitably briefed
- Attend meetings with clients and internal teams, providing timely, accurate status and
financial reconciliation reports
- Provide input during internal meetings to discuss recommendations to clients
- Ensure profitability is maintained on accounts and support organic growth by identifying
new opportunities within existing workstreams to grow revenue
- Build an understanding of the strategic vision and understand how this is being delivered through tactical outputs
If you currently work in a client-facing role, have a passion for marketing and are excited by having a part to play in catalysing the future of healthcare, this opportunity is for you!
You will have…
- Previous account/project management experience, ideally within a healthcare comms agency setting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent communicator, well accustomed to a client-facing role
What we can offer
Fishawack Health aims to empower every employee to develop and thrive. We empower our team with the tools, skills, and support needed to think differently and to solve healthcare’s most complex challenges.
At the center of our people-led culture is our Career Experience team, whose mission is to provide every employee with a purpose-driven career. We also pride ourselves on our personalized learning approach to ensure you receive the training you need to help you grow within the company and take advantage of our global scale and scope.
We are committed to embedding diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our organization to encourage diversity of thought, inclusive behavior, and innovative solutions. As part of our commitment to building a healthier world, every employee is also encouraged to participate in our community engagement efforts, which support a wide range of healthcare programs and wellbeing causes worldwide.
We have offices in 19 city hubs across North America, Europe, and Asia, geared toward collaborating, training, socializing, and coming together as a global organization while maintaining and fully supporting flexible working practices. Our compensation and benefits package is benchmarked across the industry. We offer a generous company pension/retirement plan, private medical insurance, comprehensive employee wellbeing initiatives, compelling time-off policy, plus many other excellent employee benefits.
We’ll consider any reasonable adjustments you’d like us to put in place in the interests of fairness and equal opportunities.