Multiple positions available on both permanent and fixed term / contract basis.
With secure funding and commercial clients, Oxbotica provide full stack autonomous software solutions. Any environment, any time, any vehicle. The way we move people and goods will change forever. Software is the beating heart of this transformation. To survive and build compelling, competitive market positions, companies will need to adopt world leading autonomous vehicle technologies.
Oxbotica enables vehicle autonomy by engineering the software that drives them, with total freedom from external infrastructure dependency. Our software brings autonomy to all vehicles, in all places at all times.
Working across PMO and Product Management functions, our newly formed team of Scrum Masters will help us to develop our technology into a range of products and services. You will be working alongside a supportive and collaborative team of researchers, engineers, product managers and fellow scrum masters.
There is no such thing as a typical day at Oxbotica, but your responsibilities may include:
- Running multiple scrum teams, and/or a scaled agile approach
- Practising and encouraging Agile mindset and behaviours
- Coaching, inspiring and mentoring teams on Agile principles, values and practices
- Facilitating ceremonies for multiple Scrum teams
- Facilitating visibility of progress toward sprint commitments
- Identifying and removing impediments, preventing distractions, resolving conflicts and helping the team continuously improve
- Tracking and reporting metrics, providing visibility to the team and stakeholders, ensuring a data-driven approach to decision-making
- Exposure to the use of JIRA for Sprint planning, backlog refinement and the creation of team roadmaps, reports and dashboards to enhance visibility into team progress
- MS Office, G Suite and Atlassian tools
What you need to succeed:
- Scrum Master experience applying Scrum practices, including the application of a wide variety of techniques (leveraging burndown data, facilitating retrospectives, refining user stories, etc.)
- The ability to lead others and to earn trust while still challenging a team to improve and operate outside its comfort zone
- A practical, pragmatic approach ahead of a textbook implementation
- Be comfortable balancing multiple requirements and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership and servant leader skills
- Ability to work with teams
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- CSM or PSM qualification
Extra kudos if you have:
- Facilitated Agile in fast growing environments
- Experience of IT delivery in the automotive industry
- Have knowledge of SAFe or Nexus Scrum Agile methodology
- Experience delivering to customers and integrators
- An understanding of automotive software requirements and standards
- Experience in a software development environment
- Ideally from a technology company, where software is deployed onto hardware
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual salary review
- Participation in the Company Options Scheme
- Salary exchange pension scheme (contribution based on qualifying earnings)
- Wellness bonus (a payment of £300 annually to be spent on keeping your mind and health in a positive and productive state)
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Quarterly company communications event
- Bean to cup coffee and complimentary fruit
- TechScheme (Technology purchase save scheme)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We also offer:
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday around core hours of 10:00 – 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more – we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal – Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the world’s greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.
- Salary Offer Competitive starting salary