Sefton Council are seeking to appoint an energetic individual who will support the improvement of attendance levels and reduce persistent absence in the borough through a traded service model to schools and working with vulnerable children including those with a social worker. Your role will also involve covering in the integrated front door for staff absence.
The ideal candidate will be solution focused, organised, and have the ability to motivate and engage our children and families. It is essential that the ideal candidate has previous experience of delivering school attendance support to children and families within an education environment. Daily home visits will be required as part of this role together with recording information on a variety of information management systems.
If you are as enthusiastic and committed to making a positive impact on the lives of children and families in Sefton as we are, we would love to hear from you!
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity. You will work as part of a dynamic team working in a fast-paced, modern environment where you can develop your knowledge skills and experience.
- We have a commitment to our staff’s professional development and actively promote career progression and training opportunities that will support your CPD.
- 28 days annual leave rising to 33 days after 5 years continual service plus 8 bank holidays.
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave schemes.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and service.
- Practical and procedural knowledge and experience of the Early Help System.
- Knowledge and experience of School attendance legislation, imparticular ‘Working together to improve school attendance’ guidance May 22
- Knowledge of the National Supporting Families Agenda and evidencing outcomes.
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and when to implement the escalation policy.
- Ability to develop and facilitate an effective communication strategy with schools to ensure knowledge is updated and good practice is shared.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a person/family centered approach.
For more information please see person specification
CV’s not accepted
- Address Magdalen House, Agile
- Salary Offer Grade H (26-30) £34,834 - £38,223
- Contact Email email@example.com