We have a fantastic opportunity for a Scheme Assistant, to join our Bushfield Court Retirement Living PLUS Scheme for over 55s, near Bilston town. This is a part time role that would suit someone looking to work flexibly, 20 hours per week between 9am-2pm or 10am-3pm over 4 days on a rota, including weekends.
In this varied and active role, you’ll provide general support across the scheme – from assisting during meal times by taking orders, serving meals and cleaning down tables, to ensuring all communal areas are cleaned to a high standard including deep cleaning carpeted / non-carpeted areas, soft furnishings fixtures and fittings, and windows and walls, ensuring a high standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times.
Ensuring our customers reside in a safe environment is essential, so you’ll also get involved in building safety checks which you’ll carry out within the scheme and the surrounding grounds. You can expect to carry out monthly meter readings, as well as reporting repairs as and where required.
You’ll interact with a variety of different people including customers living at Bushfield Court and their friends and family, other members of staff and contractors carrying out maintenance and repairs across the scheme.
Our Ideal Candidate? We are looking for individuals with:
- Basic health and safety training, and knowledge of using domestic cleaning equipment
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Minimum of Food Safety Level 2 qualification or must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently, and communicate in a pleasant manner with a diverse range of people confidently is vital in this role.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return you can be assured of a great place to work, where you will be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
Interested? To apply submit a CV and a Cover Letter explaining why you’ve got the right skills for this role.
We’re proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please
- Address Bushfield Court, Bilston, Wolverhampton
- Salary Offer £9.50 per hour
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org