We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
Recruiting the best people, whoever they are, into the Department for Transport matters to us. That’s why we want every application form, interview or any other kind of assessment to bring out the best in everyone, so we can find the most talented people irrespective of who they are. That’s where you come in.
Do you have experience of designing inclusive assessment methods?
Have you previously been responsible for implementing innovative ways of assessing candidates in a recruitment process?
Does the idea of utilising data to take an evidence-based approach to recruitment interest you?
If this sounds like you, then this vacancy could be your perfect next job.
The role of Resourcing Manager – Assessment is vital to ensuring that the assessment methodologies used in the recruitment processes across the DfT group are fit for purpose. This includes considering not just whether they are right for the role but whether they are as inclusive as possible, as well as presenting DfT as an employer of choice. As well as taking the lead in developing and implementing new assessment methodologies, you will do this by providing expert guidance to the recruitment team responsible for running these processes, as well as hiring managers and other stakeholders across the business.
Include but no limited to:
- Research, design and deliver new assessment methodologies as well as be able to change and update existing methods as required
- Ensuring that all assessment processes are inclusive by design, considering a variety of protected characteristics
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the different assessment tools available to the business, guaranteeing a broad range of suitable and competitive assessment methodologies.
- Develop and run training sessions, both via group and one-to-one/coaching sessions, aimed at a variety of stakeholders including the recruitment team and hiring managers.
- Contribute to broader discussions and decisions about recruitment across DfT
- Responsible for driving forward an evidence-based approach to attraction and assessment methods, particularly by gathering, interpreting and presenting data to relevant stakeholders.
To be successful in this position, you will need to evidence:
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing assessment methodologies in recruitment processes
- Experience of developing and delivering training via a variety of methods and channels
- A good working knowledge of recruitment processes
- Excellent knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion, with strong working knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and its application to recruitment
- Address Birmingham, Leeds, Swansea
- Salary Offer £38,654