Norfolk and Suffolk are great places to live and work, and Reach Plc is delighted to be launching new sites for these two brilliant counties, celebrating everything that makes them so special. NorfolkLive and SuffolkLive will be the home of creativity, live news and a love of all things about East Anglia. You’ll be joining the launch team at an exciting time and will be key in building these sites from scratch – focusing on the topics audiences really care about. You’ll also be joining one of the fastest growing regions in Reach Plc – with a track record of successful new site launches over the past 12 months.
In the role you will find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities.
This position will be home based, however due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will be required to live within this region to enable them to report on local stories and issues.
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication
Who are we looking for?
- You are creative and passionate, with an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- You will have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by Reach
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What we can offer you
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Plus lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.