Edinburgh Live is the capital’s most exciting news website, providing quality news, entertainment, sport and live content to the city and beyond.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced news reporter working with excellent sources, a brilliant track record in finding exclusive news stories, superb social media skills, and a deep understanding and experience of how to make digital content engaging.
You will join our fantastic team of reporters and will write live breaking news as well as sourcing your own exclusive stories.
You will provide well-written, informative copy, present our news desk with regular ideas for stories, investigations and news features and write directly for digital platforms, ensuring the company’s websites are able to break major news stories ahead of our rivals.
This is a home based opportunity but due to the nature of the role the successful candidate will need to live in or around the area.
The Ideal Candidate
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent / relevant work experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent ability to utilise social media for story-gathering.
- You will be confident in building strong relationships and connections within the wider communities within and surrounding Edinburgh, so you are able to source and provide news stories which are important to them.
- News moves quickly, so you must be able to work just as fast, adapt to this environment and work well under pressure.
- You will be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Due to the nature of the role, this isn’t a 9-5 position, so you must be able to be flexible around shifts.
So who are we?
Edinburgh Live is part of Reach Plc. You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Daily Record, Daily Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 35 days annual leave including bank holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.