Regional Editor – South West
We are building some exciting new Live brands in the South West. We want to find new audiences, reach out to diverse communities and tell stories that matter, developing our sites and our platforms to connect, inspire and change lives.
We’ve got a rare opening for a very senior position in our team and we’re looking for someone special who will lead our newsrooms in Dorset, Wiltshire and Herefordshire to help us grow those brands, develop new opportunities and find new audiences.
You’ll be leading a team of content editors and reporters working across the three new brands, working closely with our two Regional Editors for Devon, Cornwall and Plymouth and Bristol, Gloucestershire and Somerset to identify and develop new audiences across the South West.
Leadership experience is essential, alongside knowledge of how to build audiences and brands. We want to tell stories from across the many communities we serve and we’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from all backgrounds,
The role will be mainly home-based with the opportunity to use our hubs in Bristol and/or Plymouth.
What will the role involve?
- Lead newsrooms to achieve digital audience growth and engagement targets
- Ensure that resources at all levels in our newsrooms are clearly focused and managed as effectively as possible to deliver their digital targets
- Create an environment that encourages new ideas for digital content that will drive audience growth and engagement
- Find new audience and drive loyalty, engagement and registration among our audiences
- Ensure that enhanced planning processes are thoroughly embedded in the newsroom and enable us to drive audience growth and commercial performance
- Ensure effective use of social media tools by newsroom staff
- Act as editor and brand champion of our news brands
- Play an ambassadorial role for your regions brands and the business as a whole, in person and via social media
- Rewarding and recognising great performance, celebrating people’s achievements and successes
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
What are we looking for?
- You will have managerial experience and be comfortable planning, organising, delegating and delivering against targets.
- Long standing experience as a senior content editor or editor and proven strong digital publishing skills.
- The ability to lead, coach and develop a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Confident presentation skills and the ability to cascade consistent messages for maximum impact.
- NCTJ qualification or equivalent.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
- Salary Offer £Competitive + excellent company benefits