Have you always wanted to make a real difference to people’s lives? Come join our team! For more than 40 years SafeNet has been providing support services and working to prevent violence and abuse within the North West of England.
We are at the forefront of promoting safe healthy relationships and the conditions for productive and positive futures. SafeNet deliver innovative and life-changing services to support over 500 victims and survivors each year. We are based in Burnley, Lancaster, Rochdale, Bury, Preston and Pendle. SafeNet have won many nationally recognised awards including the Inclusive Top 50 UK Employer 2019/2020.
SafeNet Domestic Abuse Services have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, each sector having its own specialism and expertise but with “One Calico” vision:- to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you will be doing
21.56 hours per week (average)
Monday to Friday on a rolling rota & alternative weekends. Includes sleep/night shifts
As a Refuge Assistant within SafeNet, you will work closely with the refuge team offering safe, secure and welcoming refuge accommodation and support. This is an exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be able to positively impact people’s future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
This role will include working on a rota basis of days, evenings, weekends and sleep shifts. The refuge site rota will be discussed with applicants at interview stage.
Please refer to the role profile for full details of what the job entails.
Offers are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Successful candidates will undertake a 5 day Induction Programme prior to starting employment. This Induction Programme is Mandatory and all new employees must attend the programme. You will be paid a flat rate for attending these days.
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays pro rata
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for SafeNet and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you will need to be a success
- Experience of working within a customer service or administrative role.
- Experience of working in a supportive non-judgemental way with vulnerable people.
- Good listener with effective communication skills, the ability to confidently liaise with other parties.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse, violence and its impacts.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse within the BAME communities including honour-based abuse.
- Knowledge and understanding of the diverse and additional needs of refuge residents.
- Ability to think clearly and act appropriately in a dynamic and pressured environment.
- Ability to problem solve and find the solution quickly and effectively.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills working on own initiative and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- To be computer literate using computer packages i.e. word documents, emails, spreadsheets and in-house case management systems.
- An awareness of conducting basic Health & Safety, Fire Regulation checks.
- To proactively carry out cleaning and manual tasks required at the refuge.
- Address Pendle
- Salary Offer £18,942 per annum pro rata