Have you always wanted to make a real difference to people’s lives? Come join our team! For more than 40 years SafeNet has been providing support services and working to prevent violence and abuse within the North West of England.
We are at the forefront of promoting safe healthy relationships and the conditions for productive and positive futures. SafeNet deliver innovative and life-changing services to support over 500 victims and survivors each year. We are based in Burnley, Lancaster, Rochdale, Bury, Preston and Pendle. Safenet have won many nationally recognised awards including the Inclusive Top 50 UK Employer 2019/2020.
Safenet Domestic Abuse Services have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, each sector having its own specialism and expertise but with “One Calico” vision:- to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you’ll be doing
As a Refuge Assistant within SafeNet, you will work closely with the refuge team offering safe, secure and welcoming refuge accommodation and support. This is an exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be able to positively impact people’s future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
We currently have vacancies at our Lancaster site.
Your hours of work would be : –
- Lancaster, two posts at 29.5 hours per week
This role will include working on a rota basis of days, evenings, weekends and sleep shifts. Each refuge site rota varies and this will be discussed with applicants at shortlisting / telephone consultation stage.
These are permanent positions with a salary of £18,942 pro rata + sleep in shifts.
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for SafeNet and the Calico Group, too many to mention!
If you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you’ll need to be a success
- Experience of working within a customer service or administrative role.
- Experience of working in a supportive non-judgemental way with vulnerable people.
- Good listener with effective communication skills, the ability to confidently liaise with other parties.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse, violence and its impacts.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse within the BAME communities including honour-based abuse.
- Knowledge and understanding of the diverse and additional needs of refuge residents.
- Ability to think clearly and act appropriately in a dynamic and pressured environment.
- Ability to problem solve and find the solution quickly and effectively.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills working on own initiative and within a multi-disciplinary team.
- To be computer literate using computer packages i.e. word documents, emails, spreadsheets and in-house case management systems.
- An awareness of conducting basic Health & Safety, Fire Regulation checks.
- To proactively carry out cleaning and manual tasks required at the refuge.