- To input, update and create records on the ViSOR and Sigma systems and other related computer programs. Maintain all relevant databases to ensure up to date and accurate information is held on all MAPPA nominals within the Durham Constabulary area.
- Maintain records/systems and participate in projects to contribute to – and improve – the efficiency and effectiveness of the service where accuracy is key over speed.
- Proactively respond to requests for information from both internal and external police sources, partner and duty to cooperate agencies in order to support multi-agency working and the protocols and procedures of the MAPPA process.
- Liaison with other Forces in relation to the transfer of sex offenders and with courts in relation to registration documents/civil orders.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of ViSOR and MAPPA protocols adhering to legislative requirements and Force policy.
- Co-ordination and facilitation of meetings for MAPPA including the arrangement of meetings, comprehensive minute taking and circulation of actions.
- Undertake research by searching, collating and evaluating information from a range of systems.
- Open and sort all correspondence and electronic mail, redirecting as appropriate, ensuring that all correspondence is dealt with promptly and efficiently.
- Always maintain integrity and confidentiality due to the nature of the sensitive information handled daily.
- General administration duties to include answering telephones and dealing directly with offenders as well as partner agencies and internal colleagues, photocopying and other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave 26 days rising to a maximum of 31 days after 5 years continuous service
- Applicants must have 4 GCSEs including English Language or Literature and Mathematics (Grade 9 to 4/A to C) or an approved equivalent. An individual who possesses an equivalent e.g. NVQ must provide evidence of Math’s and English.
Three months previous clerical experience.
How To Apply
To apply for this role as a member of police staff completed application forms Pers 198 should be returned to email@example.com.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Please note that Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Address Durham City Police Station
- Salary Offer Scale 3 £20,118- £21,399 (Subject to job evaluation)
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org