Up to £27,580 per annum plus a generous benefits package
Fixed Term Appointment until August 2022
Based at Culham, Oxfordshire – hybrid working
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) is an armed police service dedicated to the nuclear industry. Our vision is to be recognised nationally and internationally as the United Kingdom’s leading organisation for the provision of protective policing for the civil nuclear industry and other critical national infrastructure. Given the critical nature of our work, it’s vital that we recruit skilled and committed individuals; as the Recruitment Advisor specialising in Police Staff Resourcing, you’ll help us do just that.
This is a chance to join our Police Staff Resourcing team to help attract, develop, and retain outstanding individuals to the CNC. You’ll be responsible for the co-ordination of the recruitment and selection of police staff from end-to-end, promoting the CNC as an employer of choice through excellent attraction campaigns and candidate experience. You will ensure we are applying best practice to our recruitment processes and will work closely alongside the HR Business Partner to ensure continuous improvement to our service, whilst line managing, developing, and supporting a HR Coordinator.
You will ensure that our candidates have an excellent experience with the CNC, from application to starting with us – you’ll act as HR representative on interview panels, be responsible for onboarding new employees by drafting offer letters and contracts of employment and guiding them through our onboarding and vetting procedures. Your excellent communication skills will lend themselves as you’ll act as the first point of contact for candidate queries and provide proactive advice and support to hiring managers on recruitment, selection, and onboarding.
This is a role for an individual who has experience within a HR, resourcing, or recruitment function, whether this be in-house or agency. Ideally CIPD-qualified (or equivalent, but this is not essential), you’ll have experience of interviewing and selection, and providing advice to line managers and stakeholders. You’ll have strong communication skills with a customer focused and service delivery mindset. If you have the skills and motivation to join a first-class HR resourcing service, join us and help the CNC to continue to recruit the best possible talent.
Please note: This role has been assessed as suitable for hybrid working with a 60 % office / 40% remote working basis.
Benefits of working for the CNC
- 27.5 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional 30 minutes time worked during the week to accrue additional leave, which can be used for period between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension scheme (19.3% employers contribution)
- Flexi-time working scheme
- Bonus scheme – dependent on oganisational performance, up to a maximum of 7% of salary
- Subsidised Costa Coffee on site
- Officers and staff also have the opportunity to join the national Blue Light Card scheme which offers discounts on a variety of products and services to those working in the emergency services, NHS and Armed Forces
- Free parking on site
- Enhanced family friendly and sickness policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Address Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Salary Offer Up to £27,580 per annum plus a generous benefits package