Acorn is an innovative values led charity that provides addiction recovery services to inspire and motivate change within communities by enabling individuals to achieve a life worth living. They have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
If you are a calm, compassionate and reliable individual with good organisational skills then we have a rewarding role that might just be perfect for you! This role is a live-in role working 5-10pm in the evening and 8am-9.30am in the morning 6 days per week so is ideal for those who enjoy their daytime freedom.
Acorn Recovery Projects (part of the Calico Group of charities) provides accommodation, support, and rehabilitation to individuals in a safe environment that promotes sustainable recovery.
The service we are recruiting for has 7 residential beds based in Ashton for clients who are abstinent from drugs and alcohol.
role & requirements
36 Hours p/w, 6 nights out of 7 – Full time
We are looking for a passionate person who has some experience and/or knowledge of drug and alcohol recovery. The role will live-in one of our abstinent rehab residences and involves providing overnight support to clients in treatment for their addiction as well as some maintenance management for the property.
The key focus of this post is to:
- Ensure good quality, safe and secure accommodation is provided for our service users, liaising with our housing and counselling team to ensure continuity of support.
- Maintain security of the premises with specific focus in relation to visitors of the accommodation.
- Ensure the safety of the building can be monitored and maintained to protect the Health and Safety of our service users.
- Reporting of repairs to the landlord/ housing manager who will advise appropriate action to take.
- Management of programme, routine and emergency maintenance works
- Replacement and maintenance of furniture and equipment
Ensure all health and safety documents are monitored and kept up to date.
what you will get in return
- Heavily subsidised accommodation
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Acorn and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/