Based at the Reception desk and working on their own at times, the Receptionist will welcome and greet both telephone callers and visitors. Amongst other administrative duties, they will professionally operate the telephone switchboard; ensuring all calls are answered promptly and are efficiently directed to the correct person. They will also greet all visitors – including customers and suppliers – in a welcoming, engaging and professional manner; making them ‘feel good’ about Redrow.
1. PHONE CALLS
- Answer the phone in a professional and courteous manner as quickly as possible – ideally within four rings.
- Determine the purpose of callers and forward the call to the appropriate person or department or interact with the caller on behalf of Redrow.
- Take accurate messages from callers wishing to be called back, and deliver these messages to the appropriate recipient in a timely manner.
- Welcome visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Determine the nature of a visitor’s business and announce visitor to the appropriate person or department.
- Keep track of key peoples’ movements within the building and when they are working away from the office.
- Create a warm and inviting impression of Redrow with your visitor at all available points of contact.
- Ensure that the company’s procedures for visitor security are maintained at all times and remain vigilant regarding all persons who enter the company’s premises to ensure they are correctly identified.
- Open the morning post and distribute to the appropriate departments.
- Ensure SurePost and DX are picked up at appropriate times.
- Arrange couriers for urgent packages.
- Receive goods / services into Reception and maintain a log of deliveries / attendance.
- Address Kent, South East, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive