At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they aresucceeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Quality Engineering Manager
As a Capital One Quality Manager, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful microservices. You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, React, Python, REST, JSON, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, JUnit, RESTAssured, BDD, Protractor and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.If you don’t meet all the requirements but think this role is for you, we’d really like to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, manage and grow a team of quality engineers.
- Mentoring the development of engineers in your team.
- Nurture a feedback culture within your team.
- Inspiring your team(s) to continually improve software and the way they work.
- Understand risk based testing.
- Work with product owners to understand application capabilities.
- Work within and across Agile teams.
- Support Audit related activities with special attention to the QA requirements.
- Oversee quality testing efforts including process design and standards, effort estimation, resource forecasting.
- Produce reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Establish goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles.
- Partner with the DevOps team to leverage the CICD processes for test automation.
- Provide the Release Manager with the right Quality Information to allow them to make data driven release decisions.
- Continuously improve engineering practices and strategies including functional, performance, regression, and roll-back testing scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, React, Python, REST, JSON, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, JUnit, RESTAssured, BDD, Protractor and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
If you don’t meet all the requirements but think this role is for you, we’d really like to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- We are continuing our journey into the public cloud and have problems of scale, security, availability and performance for you to help solve.
- We love continuous learning and that’s why we give you 10% of your time to work on cutting edge innovative projects that shape the way we will work in the future
- We offer high performers strong and diverse career progression, investing heavily in developing great people through our Capital One University training programmes (and appropriate external providers)
- Immediate access to our core benefits including pension scheme, bonus, generous holiday entitlement and private medical insurance – with flexible benefits available including season-ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and enhanced parental leave
- Open-plan workspaces and facilities designed to inspire and support you. Our Nottingham head-office has a fully-serviced gym, subsidised restaurant, mindfulness and music rooms. In London, you can heighten your mood with a run on our rooftop running track or an espresso at the Workshop Coffee café
- Find out more through our UK careers site (http://www.capitalonecareers.co.uk/) or by exploring the @IAmCapitalOne Twitter tag.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email atRecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).