- United Kingdom
- Specialist/ Professional
- Part-time Permanent
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon UK is looking for a Professional Print Field Service Engineer to join its South East team. The ideal candidate would live or can easily travel to South East and surrounding areas to meet agreed service levels.
In this role you will be carrying out installation, service and repairs on a range of Canon Production Printers and 3rd Party Finishing products to a high standard. Ensuring adherence to standard call procedures and maintaining quality standards. Achieving a high first- time fix rate and minimum return rates, focused on customer satisfaction and retention by delivering an exceptional service experience.
The work is varied and so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being part of a team and have accurate and excellent time management skills, then this is a great opportunity to develop your career.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
– Pay – Competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against similar roles and reviewed annually.
– Bonus – A bonus scheme that rewards you as you help us achieve our goals.
– Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
– Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
– Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
– Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
– Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
– Some other Benefits – Generous Pension, Canon Awards, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and charity volunteer days.
What we ask
– You will have the responsibility of providing a service in first line trouble shooting (root cause of problems) on Production Print devices, working to strict service level agreements.
– Your challenge is to achieve a high first-time fix rate and minimum recalls with the most cost-effective use of labour time and parts.
– Using your excellent communication skills to communicate effectively to Canon’s customers and across internal Canon departments as requird.
– Being part of the team, we encourage you to make frequent contributions to the ongoing development of the team and overall service performance, including assisting / coaching / mentoring Service Engineers (dependent on grade). Your manager will provide you with the support and guidance so you can excel in your role.
– Ensue all post-sale field service requirements are met.
– When required provide technical escalation support for colleagues.
– Ensure all activities are recorded correctly in line with company guidelines.
– Optimize the customer stock inventory and rotation, and balance this against return to fit (RTF) visits, as applicable.
– To provide customer product instruction and training.
– Advise the customer when chargeable work is required and seek the required authorization prior to undertaking this activity.
– Contribute to opportunities to improve maintenance and repair practices and modifications in the machine.
– Make frequent contributions to the on-going development of the team and overall service performance.
– Canon encourages you in signalling commercial opportunities to the Sales and Marketing department. This is preferably done using the OSIS (On site, In Sight) functionality provided via Laptop.
– For your safety we ask you must fully comply with company policies and Health & Safety Guidelines, including product safety checks.
– Self-Development is important at Canon, and you will be encouraged to take further training to develop your skills in this role.
You will need
– Capacity to work in an environment focused on superior customer service and continuous business performance improvement.
– Your excellent customer service and communication skills are important for you to excel in this role. Being a team player, you support colleagues and contribute to the team’s objectives, however equally you are able to work alone without daily guidance.
– Remains calm under pressure and able to prioritise tasks and activities effectively.
– NVQ or equivalent in an electrical and/or mechanical discipline.
– You’ll be highly organised and enjoy providing excellent customer service. Excellent planning and organisation skills. Proactive and problem-solving skills and excellent time management skills allowing you to produce high levels of productivity. Acts cost effectively. Drive and determination to succeed.
– You are already a competent Service Engineer in a production/commercial environment who has a passion for fault finding and resolution within electromechanical environments and relevant IT experience.
– Understanding of health and safety guidelines.
– Full UK driving licence
Salary – £28,662 to £30,087
Location – Field Based – South East
Closing date – As soon as possible
No Agencies please
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.