Salary up to £44,079 (dependent on experience) per annum, plus a £1,500 South East Allowance and generous benefits package
Based at HQ Culham, Oxfordshire (hybrid working)
37.5 hours per week, permanent
The Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC) is an armed police service that’s dedicated to the nuclear industry. Our vision is to be recognised as a provider of a world-class service for the protection of nuclear material and facilities. Given the critical nature of our work, it’s vital that we recruit skilled and committed professionals to our high-performing project team. Our Procurement team are going through a period of growth, so we’re looking for someone to provide an ongoing and senior level Procurement service within the CNC.
Procurement at the Civil Nuclear Constabulary is a critical matter. It’s vital that we meet legal obligations and achieve value for money. Join us and you’ll have the chance to gain experience in a fast-paced, highly regulated setting. Your role will be to identify, scope, evaluate, award and implement a broad range of contracts on behalf of the Police Authority and Constabulary.
You’ll get involved in projects, by providing proactive support and expertise to Project Managers and manage the contractual/procurement aspects of these. You’ll also play a part in the evolution of the Constabulary’s commercial terms and conditions, policies and working practices. This will involve challenging and quality-assuring work undertaken by senior CNC managers in relation to procurement and contractual undertakings. Experienced and motivated, you’ll be ready to manage tenders from end-to-end, identify risks, enforce CNC and government strategic procurement processes and achieve value for money.
To be successful in this role you will need to be MCIPS qualified, with experience in commercial and public sector procurement and framework agreements, you’ll be used to providing procurement expertise to a wide range of stakeholders. You’ll know how to procure a wide range of goods and services and negotiate and manage contracts and remain updated on contract law and procurement strategies. If you’re flexible, organised and good with people, you’ll play a key role in a major transformation project within a crucial police service.
Benefits of working for the CNC
- 27.5 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional 30 minutes time worked during the week to accrue additional leave, which can be used for period between Christmas and New Year
- Generous pension scheme (19.3% employers contribution)
- Flexi-time working scheme
- Bonus scheme – dependent on oganisational performance, up to a maximum of 7% of salary
- Subsidised Costa Coffee on site
- Officers and staff also have the opportunity to join the national Blue Light Card scheme which offers discounts on a variety of products and services to those working in the emergency services, NHS and Armed Forces
- Free parking on site
- Enhanced family friendly and sickness policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Address Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Salary Offer Salary up to £44,079 (dependent on experience) per annum, plus a £1,500 South East Allowance and generous benefits package
- Contact Email PoliceStaffResourcing@cnc.police.uk