About this role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our UK Audit team.
Our Audit department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. As the business’ ambitions continue to grow, our Internal Auditors (You!) must have the desire and passion to provide a ‘best in class’ audit experience.
What you’ll do
- Take the lead in audit assignments and play an integral role in supporting the delivery of the Annual Audit Plan across the Card Business
- Develop and nurture strong and effective working relationships with senior business partners and the wider Audit group
- Communicate issues, risks and recommendations to all levels of management
- Proactively follow up on agreed audit actions to ensure they’re delivered within the agreed timescales
- Proactively seek out learning opportunities to continue to grow and develop in the role
- Coach and support others through line management responsibilities
What we’re looking for
- Relevant qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or IIA)
- Experience in internal or external auditing, risk management, accounting, financial analysis, information systems, compliance or another related field
- Proven skills in assessing business risks and the ability to identify and design risk-based testing
- Ability to work effectively alone
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build rapport and trust with ease
- Logical and rational judgment and an inquiring mind
Where and how you’ll work
This is a permanent position and will be based in our Nottingham offices. We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working model – one that creates the opportunity to work in your own way, but also provides great spaces for in-person collaboration.
Our core in-the-office days are Tuesday to Thursday, but they aren’t mandatory – you’ll be led by your team, the type of work you do and of course your preferences. Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
You can read more about the full announcement from our Founder and CEO Rich Fairbank here: Update on CapitalOne.com
We are committed to creating a level playing field and seek to create teams that are representative of our customers and the communities we serve. We’d love to hear from you if you identify with a typically under-represented group in our industry and are particularly keen to hear from women and ethnic minority candidates.
- Address Nottingham, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive