We have a great opportunity for a Principal Pricing Analyst Developer to join our office in Leeds on a permanent basis!
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of two or more of the following Alteryx, Tableau, R and or SAS (base and macro) or SQL. Ideally you will have worked within a similar pricing or analytical role.
Who you’ll be working with:
You will be working closely with either the Motor or Complex pricing teams reporting into the Data & MI Manager. It is important you understand the pricing team objectives and are able to convey this understanding when developing pricing datasets and MI for these teams. You will collaborate closely with other teams in DLG to ensure data and visualisation strategies are aligned across the business and be able to use your own initiative and progress work independently.
What you’ll be doing:
You will support your team in providing an innovative and effective analytical modelling and pricing platform, using blending and reporting tools such as Alteryx and Tableau with a focus on in depth analysis of data and delivery of modelling/pricing recommendations for various commercial disciplines.
- Incorporate data into existing and new pipelines by bringing data from any source/platform and associated tools that can be used for enriching Pricing & Underwriting Modelling and Reporting
- Manage data processes and data processing requirements for all key commercial BAU and Pricing processes including but not limited to rate carried, pricing packs, scored loss ratio, model refreshes etc.
- Assist in blending, enriching and streamlining pricing and geospatial data and promoting usage of the Alteryx, Tableau Online and other cloud options for scalable and robust solutions.
- Liaise with Central Data Team to streamline processes and implement best practice based on federated guidelines
- Communicate to peers and team managers in a timely manner where you have discovered price, model or data issues and suggest appropriate remedial actions
- Build, Support and help further develop Alteryx based data models and management information reporting
- Engaging in technical discussion with external suppliers as well as internal stakeholders to ensure current and future business needs are met
- Ensure adoption of best practice in terms of data cleaning, blending, circulation and maintenance
- Suggest recommendations to improve Direct Line Group’s pricing performance and longer-term pricing capability.
- Assist with the development of pricing models and ensure their proper use and application. Supervise the efficiency of models on an ongoing basis to ensure they are fit for purpose and suggest areas of development
- Address Various Locations
- Salary Offer Competitive