We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced principal pricing analyst to join our Packages Pricing Team in Bromley.
What you’ll be doing:
You will support your manager in delivery of innovative and effective pricing projects, with a focus on the delivery of strategic algorithm change and external data integrations. This will also include:
- Taking a leading role in the successful delivery of external data integrations into third party rating systems
- Developing accurate pricing models to deliver fit for purpose rating recommendations for external data
- Developing recommendations to improve DLG’s pricing performance and longer-term algorithm capability
- Providing analytical support and insight to inform and influence business decisions and strategy, with a responsibility for ensuring robustness of output.
- Interacting effectively with peers in other areas of DLG to improve knowledge share and understand impacts of your work across the wider business. Ensure learnings are effectively communicated across the team. Liaise regularly with stakeholders to ensure objectives are aligned across functions.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements to enable tasks to be performed in a more efficient manner. Challenge current processes appropriately with suggestions as to how these can be refined.
- Developing knowledge of pricing and underwriting systems and processes; develop your business, market knowledge and awareness of relevant industry issues which impact your area & incorporate in the work that you do.
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriately to this role, in line with the company risk framework. Communicate to peers and team managers in a timely manner where you have discovered price, model or data issues and suggest appropriate remedial actions.
What we are looking for:
- You will ideally have at least three years relevant work experience within a similar insurance pricing or analytical role in the financial services industry and you will be able to evidence personal effectiveness in prior roles.
- A track record of delivering external data integrations is a plus but not essential
- You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a numerically-focussed degree.
- Knowledge of Radar is preferred
- Alteryx and Tableau knowledge is preferable but not essential.