Principal Database Engineer
TransUnion UK provides the data, analytics and software that enable businesses to build more valuable customer relationships. We specialise in managing consumer data for businesses across every sector.
We focus on developing innovative products and services that help businesses make smarter and more informed decisions throughout the customer lifecycle.
We’re TransUnion and we believe in Information for Good
About the Role:
As a Principal Database Engineer you’ll use your knowledge and enthusiasm of modern engineering practices to help develop TransUnion UK products towards the defined roadmap. This includes writing services and components in SQL and C#, the maintenance of existing systems, and helping to improve the maintainability of our software through automation and DevOps techniques.
You will assume the role of Technical Lead in a scrum team, made up of development and test engineers, making technical decisions and leading work. You will be developing in an agile manner, working closely will all members of the delivery team and its stakeholders, using modern development practices to ensure quality throughout the process.
You will coach and support individuals in their work and improve the processes of the team and across the development department, as a core member of the Development Community.
Although working in a senior technical role, you will be very hands-on and expected to add real value from your experience, insight, and leadership by example.
- Assume the Development Technical/Team Leader role of scrum
- Write well-structured, maintainable code
- Work with Senior Developers and Architects to design new products or enhancements/changes to existing product.
- Ensure development is carried out to the department policy, procedures and technical/process standards.
- Involvement in Process Improvement
- Assists and supports junior colleagues as required.
- Provides technical consultancy and knowledge support to the wider business.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders and internal teams to resolve reported issues as quickly as possible.
- Adheres to technical constraints laid out in Architecture Definition
Skills & Experience:
- You have leadership skills, with the ability to?motivate and inspire a team
- You have solid commercial experience of programming, including C# and SQL.
- You have experience creating distributed, service-based systems
- You have experience of modern CI/CD practices and techniques
- You have experience of automated testing and deployment
- You have been involved in the design of complex systems
- You have a curiosity for new technologies and techniques, and keep yourself up to date
- You can communicate well, both with?technical and non-technical staff
Impact You’ll Make
At TransUnion you will be joining a friendly, forward thinking global business. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes 26 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays) a generous contributory pension scheme, private health care and a host of other employee lifestyle benefits. We take Corporate Social Responsibility seriously; our TU Good Works scheme supports communities around the world by advancing financial inclusion and education.
- Address 1 Park Ln, Leeds
- Salary Offer up to £65k
- Contact Email email@example.com