We’re looking for a new Football Reporter for Hampshire Live to lead our coverage of Portsmouth FC. You will be responsible for finding and reporting on the stories and issues which matter to Pompey fans in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work.
What will the role involve?
Find and tell the biggest and best stories about Portsmouth which engage as many readers as possible and shed new light on the goings on at Fratton Park to fans hungry for the latest news.
Build a community of readers online and in real life to discover and share your stories across social media and by word of mouth.
Be the public face of our Portsmouth coverage across podcasts, video, TV and beyond. Tell stories in many different ways, including but not limited to news stories, interviews, features, real-time live blogs (especially around matches and fan Q&A opportunities) in addition to video and podcasts. Attend matches and other big events both home and away.
Who are we looking for?
- Be a personality and face for Portsmouth FC output
- Have a proactive approach to content production and promotion
- Work across video, podcasts and social media platforms to deliver content
- Create and maintain contacts to source stories around your club to break exclusives lines, interviews and features on topics on and off the pitch
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team over ways to improve and innovate the site’s output
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
- Address PorTsmouth, Hampshire, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive