Allocate Software has been designing innovative products to optimise complex organisations since 1991. We have taken expertise from a number of industries and applied this to the specific issues and complexity of healthcare. Today we focus on delivering software tools to help healthcare institutions manage their staff safely and efficiently so that they can deliver exceptional care to all their patients. We have customers in 11 countries, with 800,000 people deployed using our software in over 800 organisations.
The Services Team comprises of Programme Directors, Managing Consultants, Project Managers and Technical and Implementation Consultants.
The Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Analyst will be responsible for the day to day management of PMO processes and activities, the development and maintenance of robust reporting within the Allocate PMO and will be involved in the continuous improvement of Services performance.
The successful applicant will bring superior Excel and use of data visualisation tools skills (ideally Tableau), and experience in developing and maintaining robust processes and procedures within a PMO. They will support programme governance activities and act as the day-to-day driver for key programmes, ensuring governance processes and documentation are completed correctly and consistently across the Services Team.
Principal Job Elements & Responsibilities:
- Take on responsibility for the production and maintenance of reports using existing tools to support the achievement of the Services business plan.
- Proactively support and encourage programme governance and controls.
- Actively work to streamline, automate and enhance reporting processes and tools.
- Develop new reports; design, document and implement supporting processes and procedures.
- Develop excellent working relationships with all individuals within the team, whilst exerting authority with respect to individuals’ compliance where it affects governance and reporting.
- Lead Portfolio Reviews and other key meetings and workshops, documenting actions and ensuring progress.
- Monitor compliance with completion of necessary project governance documentation and information for reporting by managers, and highlight any issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that timesheets are completed on time and accurately, liaising with individuals, line managers, Finance/IT teams as necessary to resolve issues and queries.
- Take a lead role in the implementation of new initiatives within the PMO, including the introduction of new processes, procedures and accompanying IT solutions as required.
- Maintain and update existing documented processes and procedures, as well as creating new documentation where required.
- Develop and maintain a basic understanding of customer policies and procedures as relevant to processes.
- Be the first point of contact for project and reporting related queries, answering effectively or routing them as appropriate.
- Make presentations within management meetings to communicate new reports, operational issues and processes and procedures
- Communication – the ability to communicate effectively and develop relationships with customers and colleagues is very important. Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and customers including the provision of updates and appropriate reports, escalating issues internally.
- Team Player – will need to be a team player who enjoys working in a team environment and working with others to solve issues.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – gathers, verifies and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of situations at pace. Considers a range of possible options, evaluating evidence and seeking advice where appropriate. Makes clear, timely, justifiable decisions, reviewing these as necessary. Understands the timeliness of decision making and problem solving and follows through to get the right outcome.
- Well organised – good time management and ability to prioritise, able to effectively manage multiple project / programme activities simultaneously.
- Building Relationships – able to develop effective relationships with Allocate colleagues and customers. Able to respond appropriately to feedback.
- Understanding Allocate – aware of Allocate strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
- Innovation, Flexibility and Adaptability – undertake tasks with a positive attitude and respond well to management and colleague requests. Must be prepared to meet business goals and responds well to change.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent command of formulas and functions within Microsoft Excel, including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, DSUM, SUMIF.
- Experience of Tableau.
- Experience working with data cleansing and manipulation.
- Experience working with creation of ODBC connections to Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working within the NHS sector desirable though not essential.
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment desirable.
- Demonstrable capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to groups of 30 or more and senior stakeholders.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced user of MS Project and MS Office toolset in general.
- Address Business Lodge @ Trent House
- Salary Offer Competitive salary plus flexible benefits