Exciting new role in a fast-growing organisation working with responsible businesses to change capitalism. The B Corp movement is encouraging businesses to manage their impacts on society and the environment with as much rigour as they manage their profits.
The B Corp Movement
Certified B Corps seek to redefine success in business by putting social and environmental impact on a par with profit. B Corps manage the impact of their entire business through the B Impact Assessment and reach high standards of social and environmental performance. The B Corp community is a global movement of businesses who provide leadership by demonstrating their commitments to people and planet and create examples of success for others to follow. There are now over 3,500 B Corps in over 70 countries and covering 150 sectors, including Patagonia, The Body Shop, Kickstarter, Innocent and Ella’s Kitchen.
B Lab was created in 2006 with the mission to inspire and enable people to use business as a force for good. There are B Labs across the globe including Australia, East Africa, mainland Europe and North and South America. B Lab UK is a charity that launched in 2015. Our purpose is to redefine success in business through building a community of engaged businesses, raising awareness of the B Corp movement and championing change in the UK economy. The B Lab UK team is small, friendly, hard-working and committed to changing how business operates.
The role of Partnerships & Product Manager
As the B Corp movement continues to expand rapidly, strategic partnerships are playing a vital role in expanding the reach of B Corp across the UK whilst we are also deploying a range of products designed to help new audiences measure and manage their social and environmental impact. B Lab UK are seeking a proactive Partnerships & Product Manager passionate about using business as a force for good; you will identify gaps within the B Corp community and develop new partnerships and new products that inspire companies of all sizes, in all UK regions and in all sectors to engage with the B Corp movement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships that increase the awareness of the B Corp movement and drive more companies to certify
- Identify opportunities to create new service offerings that grow the B Corp movement and support B Lab UK’s goals
- Manage the B Leaders training programme and website, cultivating this network of consultant partners critical to the B Corp movement
- Work across B Lab Global teams to co-create new products and partnerships
- Work with existing groups of B Corps to communicate about B Corp in their networks
- Manage relationships with like-minded organisations to grow B Lab UK’s network
- Identify opportunities to build partnerships with new audiences to amplify B Lab UK’s message
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ work experience, preferably creating partnership and/or developing products
- Experience developing partnership strategies and creating new proposals to deliver organisational goals
- Experience managing relationships with businesses and/or membership organisations
- Strong written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Client-facing and presentation experience, engaging with senior stakeholders at a range of different organisations
- Project management experience
- Experience delivering training
- Creative with the ability to see the big picture
- Used to juggling multiple tasks and relationships
- Have a flexible approach, able to operate effectively within complexity and change
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment where work is varied, fast paced, and hugely rewarding
- Very motivated and proactive in identifying and acting on new opportunities
- Ability to work autonomously, and as a strong teammate and collaborator
- Passionate about the role that business can play in creating the future that benefits all people and the planet.
- Eligible to work in the UK (we will not be able to provide visa sponsorship)
Reports to: Director of B Corp Certification
Salary & Benefits
- £36,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and office closure over Christmas
- Flexible hours and a weekly work from home day (currently fully remote)
- Volunteer days
All candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the deadline passing. It is likely that the process will consist of 2 interviews, one technical interview with a task to prepare and present, and one conversational interview. A third interview stage may be required depending on the number of applicants. All interviews will be run remotely over video link.
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are ‘culture fits’. We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process. If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Address 20-30 Whitechapel Road, Shadwell, London, UK
- Salary Offer £ 36,000