Blake Morgan is one of the UK’s leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial business, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Paralegal/Legal Executive required to join a busy New Homes team in the Chandlers Ford office. Legal experience is essential. The role will include:
- Dealing with individual purchasers and lenders in buying properties
- Acting for Buy-to-Let investors
- Acting for Shared Ownership purchasers with a legal charge
- Acting for Housing Associations and Developers in dealing with Plot Sale transactions, including dealing with Part-exchange work.
- Assisting a team of lawyers in dealing with land acquisition for Developers and Housing Associations
- Dealing with all enquiries regarding transactions
- Handling the pre and post exchange work
- Handling the financial aspects of exchange and completion
- Dealing with other solicitors, work providers and clients
The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with individual purchasers who may be corporate entities, experience in dealing with Developers and Housing Association clients would be preferable but is not essential. Excellent communication skills (a good telephone manner is essential), be used to working within a team but have the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to organise themselves and their work. The position requires someone who is approachable and confident. Experience in dealing with a busy and varied workload is a must as well as being able to function under pressure and working to (often) tight deadlines.
Skills & Experience
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
- Proven IT skills
- GCSE/A Level in Maths, English, Law
- At least qualified to Undergraduate Law Degree (or other subject with conversion course) or have passed the Level 3 of CILEx
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our commitment and care for our staff, our clients and our communities and this commitment is written into Our Principles – it’s part of the way we like to do things.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Just some of the perks of working at Blake Morgan include:
- 26 days’ annual holiday
- Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Professional subscriptions
- Profit share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme with matched contributions
- Life assurance scheme
- Free parking (Portsmouth and Southampton)
- Limited parking (Oxford)
- Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- MediCare Cash Plan
- Reduced legal services
- Volunteering leave
Closing Date: undisclosed