We pride ourselves as being an employer of choice and welcome and encourage applications from everyone, such as ethnic minorities, women, disabled people and those who identify as LGBT+.
To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace and making DVSA a great place to work visit our Careers website.
Do you have experience of effectively leading and managing a team?
Are you able to work well under pressure, in an environment of changing priorities?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join us as an Office of the Traffic Commissioner Team Leader and we’d love to hear from you!
As an Office of the Traffic Commissioner (OTC) Team Leader, you will play a lead part in improving road safety. You will manage the team responsible for providing administrative support to the independent traffic commissioner (TC), enabling her to carry out her regulatory duties with regards to operator licensing and vocational driver conduct.
The post holder will regularly and effectively engage with the Traffic Commissioner to ensure that she is made aware of all relevant matters with regard to her regulatory role.
Additionally, we will look to you to represent the Traffic Commissioner at meetings with stakeholders and providing briefing or other supporting documents.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure that all Office of the Traffic Commissioner (OTC) caseworkers provide accurate and full submissions to the TC from all relevant information received in accordance with the service level agreement. You will also be responsible for compiling more complex submission casework for the Traffic Commissioner.
- To ensure that all OTC caseworkers provide a quality public inquiry, driver conduct hearing and impounding service hearing for the TC as set out in their key roles and responsibilities.
- To ensure that all OTC caseworkers respond to requests from enforcement organisations for Section 9 statements and Section 43 certificates as set out in their key roles and responsibilities.
- To liaise where necessary with DVSA, DVLA, Police, DfT and other Government Agencies and Departments; attending meetings both with and on behalf of the Traffic Commissioner with a variety of stakeholders.
- To draft responses to correspondence from MPs, trade associations, local authorities etc. on the Traffic Commissioner’s behalf ensuring that the responses contain complete and accurate information and address all points raised.
- Line management responsibility for up to six Administrative Officers.
We are looking for a confident leader with experience of managing and developing others.
You enjoy building strong working relationships at all levels and your brilliant communication skills enable you to share information, both verbally and in writing, with a variety of senior post holders and external stakeholders.
Your excellent organisational skills mean you are able to work effectively in a sometimes pressured environment where you will deliver against tight deadlines in an environment of changing priorities.
Analysing information and finding solutions to problems comes naturally to you which helps you to easily understand and interpret complex legislation.
You have a good knowledge of IT systems and applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Address Edinburgh
- Salary Offer £26,126