Calico Homes’ is a values led company who through investing in local communities where everyone thrives – through innovation, strength and collaboration. Calico Homes, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you’ll be doing
As a Permanent Multi Skilled Joiner within Calico Homes’ Void Repairs Team in Burnley, you will complete a variety of joinery and multi-trade repairs in our customers homes.
You will be responsible for
- Completing all repairs to a high standard, within the specified timeframes.
- Delivering excellent customer service, in line with our company values and behaviours.
- Prioritising your work on a daily basis to ensure all customer appointments are met.
- Working alone or as part of a team with minimum of supervision.
- Managing the ordering of materials and control of your van stock.
- Achieving the repairs performance, productivity and customer satisfaction targets.
- Working with safe working practices as outlined in Calico’s Health & Safety Policy and procedures.
You will be based from our repairs depot at Burnham Gate, Burnham Close, Blannel Street, Burnley and Lancashire, BB11 4AA
Hours 36.25 per week, working Monday – Friday.
Flexibility is required in terms of your working hours, so to provide emergency repairs and early evening appointments.
The salary for this role is £27,600.93 per annum.
what you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Mobile PDA/phone and lone worker device
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- Generous occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Delphi and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you’ll need to be a success
- Experience of working in a property maintenance environment.
- City & Guilds or NVQ3 or equivalent, in Joinery.
- Have excellent knowledge of Health & Safety in the work place and all safe working practices.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team without supervision.
- A passion for providing exceptional customer service
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Full Driving Licence.
- Address Burnley
- Salary Offer £27,600.93