|Reporting to||Finance Manager – Support Finance|
|Location||Crawley – Energy House|
|Employment Period||Fixed Term Contract – (9 – 12 Months)|
|Contract Type||Personal Contract|
|CiP Level / Bonus||5%|
|Starting Salary||£45,000 – Plus bonus and benefits|
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also offer :
Annual leave 25 days
Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
To support the Finance Manager in maintaining the integrity of the Support Functions management, statutory and regulatory reporting data. To work alongside the HR Management Accountant in the production of monthly Management accounts and take responsibility for the analysis of IS ,Strategy and Regulation expenditure.
Support Finance is responsible for the Management Accounts business partnering for 7 directorates within UKPN; HR, Finance, Legal, DNOs, Executive, IS and Strategy & Regulation. Total annual expenditure of circa £130m (Excluding the 3 DNOs).
- Accurate and timely production of the monthly management accounts, ensuring they are produced on a true and fair basis. This will include posting appropriate journals (accruals, prepayments) and review of the team’s journals.
- Production of the monthly Performance Reports, leading on the written commentary, providing high quality and insightful analysis.
- Attending monthly management meetings with the relevant business units, EMT and present appropriate finance information.
- Taking the lead on analysis of IS projects, including full analysis of costs to date, and implementing an accurate forecasting process.
- Attend the IS portfolio board monthly meeting
- Prepare the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Identify opportunities and areas for attention & recommend options for action – including areas of cost reduction and best practice governance and controls.
- Support and, when required, deputise for the Finance Manager
- Prepare and assist IS regulatory submission to OfGem.
Nature and Scope:
The Support Finance team is led by the Finance Manager – Support Finance. This team sits within Finance Business Partnering and is headed by the Head of Finance Business Partnering.
This role reports to the Finance Manager. Within the team there are 2 Management Accountants, and 2 assistant accountants.
This is a professional role which includes liaising with colleagues throughout the business and you will be expected to be able to communicate well with Directors, Senior Managers and Non-Finance Managers. You will need to build a strong working relationship with them but also to be able to challenge effectively to drive continuous improvement within each of your areas, whilst always ensuring the integrity of the accounts.
You will need to demonstrate sound judgement in the application of relevant accounting standards and conventions and adherence to the relevant regulatory policies. You will be expected to raise any concerns that you have on any of these subjects with the Finance Manager – Support Finance.
This is an office based position, however the role will require travel to other locations across the UKPN licence area.
The job holder should expect to build a strong working relationship with their operational units and be able to work under limited supervision and whilst the role has structure to it, and support is available from the Finance Manager and other Management Accountant in the team, they are likely to be required to respond quickly to questions and concerns raised by the business.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- The job holder should be a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA).
- Sound accounting skills with a good knowledge of UK GAAP.
- Enjoys an environment which has a fast pace and a high rate of change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Highly numerate with a strong commercial aptitude.
- Ability to work effectively & proactively on own initiative and autonomously, without close supervision.
- Ability to plan, project manage and delegate effectively.
- A current driving license, with access to a car and the ability to work flexibly throughout the year.
- Energetic and resilient personality.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Address Uk Power Networks Ltd
- Salary Offer Starting Salary £45,000 – Plus bonus and benefits