Job Title: Mammographer (16 hours / Part-time)
Location: Bupa Health Centre Crawley, Manor Royal, Endeavour House, Crawley RH10 9LW
Permanent / Contract: Permanent
Salary range: £42,000 per annum pro rata (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Role specific benefits: n/a
Full time/part time: Part time / 16 hours per week
As a Clinician at Bupa our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Mammographer who is looking to either dial down their hours, or for a role that gives them their ideal work/life balance.
We are currently recruiting for a Mammographer to join our service on a part time basis – 16 hours per week. You will be joining our team in our Crawley clinic, using our new state-of-the-art mammography equipment.
Our clinic is located within the Manor Royal Business Park, with good transportation links. We we provide a range of services to include; primary care, health assessments, sexual health clinics, MSK, vaccinations, and more.
You’ll help us make health happen by:
Reporting to the centre manager you will be working independently, but as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team within the clinic. You will show flexibility of shared tasks to ensure that we provide the best quality service and establishing good working relationships.
The department can be extremely busy, and you must be able to work with efficiency in a complex environment and have an adaptability and sensitivity to work in a diverse working environment.
Other duties include:
- Organise the daily work programme to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Work flexible hours if required to accommodate changing workload patterns of the Mammography service.
- Perform high quality examinations as required by referring physicians according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all patients being imaged receive a very high standard of care.
- Accurately analyse the acquired data, record results and produce high quality images for reporting.
- Ensure all equipment within the department is cared for and maintained, cleanliness is upheld and that all equipment faults are reported immediately.
- Maintain the efficient use of all resources, establish stock control systems and liaise with manufacturers and suppliers.
Key Skills / Qualifications needed for this role:
- A flexible and adaptive working attitude is crucial.
- Use your own initiative in responding to the needs of the service and have a strong focus on streamlining the patient pathway through the imaging department.
- Work closely with the Lead Mammographer to maintain and enhance the Breast imaging service we offer to our patients and stakeholders.
- BSc or DCR in Radiography as well as a Post Graduate Certificate in Mammography.
Our benefits are designed to make health happen for our people. Viva is our global wellbeing programme and includes all aspects of our health – from mental and physical, to financial, social and environmental wellbeing. We support flexible working and have a range of family friendly benefits.
Joining Bupa in this role you will receive the following benefits and more:
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday pro rata per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
We’re a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. Our people are all driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. We make health happen by being brave, caring and responsible in everything we do.
We encourage all of our people to “Be you at Bupa”, we champion diversity, and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. That’s why we especially encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly and offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
- Address Bupa Health Centre Crawley, Manor Royal, Endeavour House, Crawley
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org