Location: West London
Salary: £38,879 – £49,359
Here’s what you’ll be doing
City Energy Solutions (CES) is a rapidly growing business. We generate electricity and provide heat directly to customers homes from our energy centres via our district heating networks. CES is at an exciting and important time in its development, and we are looking for people with enthusiasm and energy to help us build a safe and sustainable business for the future.
Right now, we’re looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our CES team based in London. Here you will be responsible for the corrective, preventative, and predictive maintenance in all areas of the process including, but not limited to, District Heating plant rooms, pumping stations and control systems, District Heating pipework Networks, Heat Metering equipment, boilers.
You will also assist the Operations and Maintenance Team Leaders to help plan, co-ordinate and complete maintenance activities for all mechanical, electrical, that impact/are likely to impact on the operational performance of the District Heating Network. The purpose is to reduce unplanned unavailability and keep our customers on supply 24/7, improve the performance of the assets while ensuring all major costs are identified early in the process to assist with Business planning.
There would be a requirement to join the on-call rota which would be 1 week in 4
This is a varied and responsible role that requires a self-motivated team player with a willingness to learn but also share knowledge, you should be someone with a calm and methodical approach under pressure. You must be punctual, reliable and have at least 5 years’ experience within a Commercial Heating or Energy environment with a strong technical background including proven training and experience in Mechanical Engineering Plant Maintenance.
City Energy Solutions is a rapidly growing business with both a technically and geographically diverse range of operational assets, making this an exciting and challenging opportunity.
Here’s what you need to have
- Hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and have significant relevant experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the installation, inspection and testing of Commercial/Domestic heating and pipework systems, heat generation, control, and heat transfer equipment.
- Experience and knowledge associated with the safe isolation and re-commissioning of plant/ pipework/ electrical systems.
- You should be very customer focused because the role does place you in front of our residents for a great part of the working day.
- Pro-active and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience of IT communications systems.
- The ability to look for best practise, innovate and appropriately challenge existing processes to improve the plant operational and commercial performance.
- Basic health and safety knowledge (IOSH or NEBOSH advantageous)
- The capability and willingness to achieve E.ON’s required competency levels – Authorised Engineer, Competent Person (where required).
- Contract Management skills and experience to appropriately challenge contractors on the methods, quality and standards of work.
- Competent in hazard identification, risk assessment and management of risks.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial effects of plant operation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form effective working relationships and influence at all levels.
- The ability to provide and deliver expert advice and practical guidance.
It would be great if you had
- Experience of working on commercial boilers and hold their commercial Gas Safe Certificates, including COCN1, CCN1, TPCP1, TPCP1A and CODNCO1 or equivalent.
- Domestic ACS, Gas Safe certificate or equivalent
- Recognized electrical qualification such as IEE wiring regulations/Part P Electrical Safety, backed up with experience in a similar maintenance or electrical installation background
- Previous experience within a similarly diverse role
- A full UK driving license
Here’s what else you need to know
The salary range for this role is £38,879 – £49,359.
We have a market leading benefits package – it includes 26 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits.
This is a West London based role with some travel required to other sites within the area. Regards this particular role although you will be classed as a home worker you will be based at our Westfield Site at Shepherds Bush taking on site management responsibilities as well as doing the maintenance activities on site of which includes Cooling Towers’ Absorption Chillers & Electric Chillers, CHP’ Boilers & Pumps, also Client Liaison where you are required to attend there daily and then visiting sites in the central west London area as time permits. A company Van/ Fuel card is provided. You’re on call requirement will require you to become familiar with sites in West & Southeast London.
Call out Rota 1/4 which is paid extra and would be discussed at interview.
This is a permanent role.
Due to the nature of this role a Criminal Record Check will be required.
- Address West London
- Salary Offer £38,879 - £49,359
- Contact Email email@example.com