37 hours per week (job share would be considered)
The West Yorkshire Liaison and Diversion Team in Wakefield require a Support Time Recovery Worker to enhance the quality and effectiveness of its support for people in the Wakefield District.
The overall purpose of this post is to contribute to the development and delivery of the Liaison and Diversion Service, by working in partnership with other agencies to reduce health inequalities within a specific targeted group within the criminal justice system.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work with people of all ages with a range of mental health, learning disabilities, substance misuse and social vulnerabilities.
- Undertake assessments of people who have been referred into the Liaison and Diversion service.
- Make referrals to the appropriate services and encourage and support people to access statutory and voluntary sector services so that their health and social outcomes may be improved, which in turn contributes to reducing reoffending and helping to improve decision making within the justice system.
- Write reports, update case notes and other records as required.
- Cover custody as and when required.
This post requires you to be able to transport service users in your own car.
For more information about the Liaison and Diversion Service, please visit the website: https://wyliaisondiversion.org/
Online Information Session: Friday 1st March 2pm – 3pm
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device.
Meeting ID: 356 711 844 95
For more information, please contact Carla Macleod email@example.com
As an employee of Touchstone, all successful applicants continually benefit from the following:
- Personal wellbeing budget
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 31 after 2 years) + 8 bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Agile working policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to counselling and 24/7 confidential staff Mindful Employer helpline
- Health and wellbeing and fun organisational staff away days
- Inclusive maternity and parental policies and pay
- A full range of staff and peer support networks
- Additional day of leave for a celebration day
- Lots of learning and development opportunities
Any job offer will be dependent on the outcome of police vetting at level 3, and reference checks.
How To Apply
Touchstone is an equal opportunities organisation, a Trans Positive employer and applications are welcome from all sections of the community, particularly, BME and LGBT communities and/or people with disabilities who are under-represented within Touchstone. Further information can be obtained from our equal opportunities policy. Please note that we do not hold a sponsor licence and we do not intend to offer sponsorship for this particular role. You should therefore ensure that you have/will have the right to work in the UK to be able to undertake this role, if appointed, you will be required to provide relevant right to work documents at the point of an offer being made to you. Applications can be obtained by visiting www.touchstonesupport.org.uk or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback is only provided at the interview stage.
- Address Normanton Town Hall, High Street, Normanton
- Salary Offer NJC Scale Points 12 – 17, starting at £26,421 pa / pro rata
- Contact Email email@example.com