The Liaison and Diversion (L&D) Service works with people of all ages (including children and young people) with a wide range of vulnerabilities including poor mental health and learning disabilities, who have offended or are at risk of offending. We support service users who have contact with police stations, the courts, prisons and probation. The Liaison and Diversion service is delivered by Wakefield Council across the West Yorkshire Police force area. The team is a multi-agency, multi skilled team. Touchstone is one of the partners in the service.
This is an exciting opportunity, providing a new element of support within our service. The role of the Education Training and Employment Support Worker is to support service users who have been in contact with the criminal justice system to progress and retain opportunities to support their employability.
As an employee of Touchstone, all successful applicants continually benefit from the following:
- Personal wellbeing budget
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 31 after 2 years) + 8 bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Agile working policy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to counselling and 24/7 confidential staff Mindful Employer helpline
- Health and wellbeing and fun organisational staff away days
- Inclusive maternity and parental policies and pay
- A full range of staff and peer support networks
- Excellent staff engagement
- Lots of learning and development opportunities
This role involves supporting clients on a 1:1 basis and group activity to assess needs, build confidence and self-esteem and explore volunteering, education and training opportunities. Much of the work involves supporting clients to overcome barriers to progression, including supporting clients to make effective disclosure of their lived experience.
The team also work to recruit and train people with lived experience to become peer volunteers within the service.
For an informal discussion about these posts prior to applying please call and speak to John Whetton on 07557 920466.
How To Apply
Please download an application pack from our website.
- Address Touchstone House, 2-4 Middleton Crescent, Leeds
- Salary Offer NJC Scale Points 12-17, starting at £22,571 pa
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org