What you’ll do
- You’ll work as part of a self-organised Services engineering team to design and develop software features that are that are delightful and vital to the lives of credit card consumers across all walks of life
- Your focus is on a major portion of existing or new team software (e.g., significant component, set of features, mid-size application or service)
- You’ll work to achieve the goals and vision shared by Product Management and your Tribe Leadership
- Drive engineering best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards, across your team and wider engineering teams
- Innovate within your team, initiative area and contribute within your technical domain
What we’re looking for
- Proven experience in technical leadership, with a passion for mentoring and nurturing engineers
- Extensive, demonstrable knowledge of designing architectures that are secure and perform at scale
- Exceptional programming skills and knowledge of building APIs using modern OO languages preferably Java, SOLID principles, SOA, HTTP and REST
- You’re able to effectively communicate and work together across engineering to maximise inner-sourcing opportunities and reduce waste
- You’ll have a proven ability to deliver high quality applications at scale
- You’re an advocate for quality and can support the team leveraging approaches such as Pair Programming, TDD and BDD
What you’ll get to learn (any previous experience would be advantageous)
- Working with the cloud/AWS and the opportunities that it brings
- Solving real world problems and being comfortable working in a complex regulated environment
Where and how you’ll work
This is a permanent position and will be based in our London offices. We’ve adopted a flexible hybrid working model – one that creates the opportunity to work in your own way, but also provides great spaces for in-person collaboration.
Our core in-the-office days are Tuesday to Thursday, but they aren’t mandatory – you’ll be led by your team, the type of work you do and of course your preferences. Many of our team have flexible working patterns so we’re open to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.
You can read more about the full announcement from our Founder and CEO Rich Fairbank here: Update on CapitalOne.com
We are committed to creating a level playing field and seek to create teams that are representative of our customers and the communities we serve. We’d love to hear from you if you identify with a typically under-represented group in our industry and are particularly keen to hear from women and ethnic minority candidates.
- Address London, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive