R1071459 Lead Mammographer
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London
Fixed Term Contract – 6 months
Up to £48,045 + fantastic benefits
Full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Bupa, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
Your role as Lead Mammographer shall be based in the General X-Ray department and will work closely with the General X-ray and CT Superintendent to maintain and enhance the breast imaging service.
A flexible and adaptive working attitude is crucial, along with a desire to lead the breast imaging service, attend monthly MDTs and guide the other Mammographers working within the department. You will need to use your initiative in responding to the needs of the service and have a strong focus on streamlining the patient pathway through the imaging department.
The Breast Imaging service is currently comprised of a state of the art Hologic 3Dimensions Mammography unit, which was installed in January 2018. Demand for the service is ever increasing which means that the department is a busy and challenging place to work. A rapid diagnostic breast care service has been launched in the last year and in line with this, there are multiple dedicated mammography lists running throughout the working week. The Lead Mammographer will be responsible for ensuring that the staffing level is sufficient at all times to accommodate the service.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a team of Senior and Superintendent Radiographers to provide high standards of service to all of Bupa Cromwell’s customers. The department can be extremely busy, and you must be able to work well under pressure in a complex environment.
- Be responsible for the daily management of the Mammography Service in liaison with the Superintendent Radiographers and organising the daily work programme to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Perform high quality examinations as required by referring physicians according to departmental policies and procedures. Ensuring that all patients being imaged receive a high standard of care.
- Ensure that monitoring standards provide a high quality service for patient care, technical performance and reporting.
- Accurately analyse the acquired data, record results and produce high quality images for reporting.
What you’ll bring:
- BSc or DCR in Radiography as well as a Post Graduate Certificate in Mammography.
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Substantial mammography experience (minimum of 3 years) including biopsy experience.
- Knowledge of radiation regulations.
- Be fully conversant with the Radiology Information System (RIS), PACS, and the computerised method of patient and examination documentation.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Lead Mammographer, you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Lead Mammographer role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Address 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW5 0TU
- Salary Offer Up to £48,045 + fantastic benefits