Lead Clinical Pharmacist – Surgical and Theatres
Bupa Cromwell Hospital – SW5 0TU
Up to £61,679 + fantastic benefits
37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday – shifts are 08.00 – 16.30 and 11.30 – 20.00.
The team are looking ahead to a 7 day service so this may change in the future.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe, is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Lead Clinical Pharmacist at Bupa, our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and every day.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa but thrive.
This is a key role to ensure the delivery and development of a first class clinical pharmacy service to the adult surgical and theatres team and to act as a specialist pharmacist to provide a patient focused clinical pharmacy ward service.
The nature of the work provides a varied job with new challenges every day and also includes participation in our weekend, bank holiday rotas and on-call rota. We are also working towards facilitating and implementing a seven day clinical pharmacy service.
What you’ll do:
- You will play an essential role in ensuring medicines optimisation and safe, appropriate, accurate and cost-effective services to ensure patients receive their medication in a timely, professional and efficient manner with all the necessary practical and clinical information.
- Participate in the antibiotic stewardship round, therapeutic drug monitoring and medicines reconciliation.
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary team to help manage the pharmaceutical needs of patients.
- Lead and develop the pharmaceutical care in the Surgical and Theatres division as well as provide cover for critical care as necessary.
What you’ll bring:
- Member of the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Have at least Foundation-level critical care experience.
- You will have significant leadership skills, show initiative and be pro-active with the ability to lead a team.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Lead Clinical Pharmacist, you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various family friendly benefits
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
For further information about this Clinical Pharmacist role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450.
- Address 164-178 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London
- Salary Offer Up to £61,679 + fantastic benefits