Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain’s leading general insurers, offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. In the history of modern insurance, there has never been a bigger time for change than now and we work hard to make sure our well known brands – Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, NIG and Green Flag are making insurance easier and better value for our customers. We know we can’t do this without our brilliant people who we reward for ideas and thinking as well as results because that’s how we can achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Lead Business Analyst to support organisation-wide change. This will require holistic end-to-end thinking, being able to problem solve, great collaboration skills, and excellent interpersonal skills. You’ll have experience in capturing, analysing, and documenting requirements within a change management function. You’ll also have Lean or System Thinking experience with credible knowledge of the Claims Operations.
Who you’ll be working with:
You will be part of a broader business analysis practice that supports a diverse set of business needs including major programmes, system replacement projects, target operating model change and Local change initiatives – basically most of our DLG change initiatives. As we move into an especially busy period of change there is ample opportunity to broaden skills and knowledge as we explore new ways of working that enable us to be even more efficient. This is an exciting and dynamic team to belong to- now and in the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Determine the best approach to gathering requirements, whether it’s one to one interviews, desktop assessments or workshops
- Analysing data sets to solve complex problems arising, and finding a best fit solution that positively impacts all areas effected
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to translate investigations into detailed requirements
- Ensure business process design and redesign is conducted within a structured framework that delivers optimum efficiency
- Undertake impact assessments and, if required, contribute to solution design recommendations including the communication and delivery around them
What we’ll give you:
We’re always encouraging internal development and you will have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge and business analysis skills. Our people believe this is a great place to work and this is underpinned by our working culture, dedication and real passion for developing our colleagues; a place where you can truly build a long-lasting career.
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We are one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We are home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Life at Direct Line Group
We recommend that you read our colleagues’ stories and ask them a question on our live discussion platform www.directlinegroupcareers.com/ask-our-people. This will help you learn more about us and be better prepared for interviews.