TransUnion is a global information and insights company which provides solutions that help create economic opportunity, great experiences and personal empowerment for hundreds of millions of people in more than 30 countries.
TransUnion is a leading credit reference agency and we offer specialist services in fraud, identity and risk management, automated decisioning and demographics. We support organizations across a wide variety of sectors including finance, retail, telecommunications, utilities, gaming, government and insurance.
We call this Information for Good®.
We’re looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering and Analytics Practice who will drive building next generation suite of products and platform by designing, coding, building and deploying highly scalable and robust solutions. In this fast-paced role you’ll work with Business Stakeholders to achieve business goals. This exciting role will offer a host of development opportunities as part of a growing global business
- Coach / Mentor / Lead a team of Data Engineers
- Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge Big Data solutions at scale
- Extract, clean, transform, and analyze vast amounts of raw data from various data sources.
- Build data pipelines and API integrations with various internal systems
- Work Across all stages of Data Lifecycle
- Implement best practices across all Data Analytics Processes
- Proactively monitor, identify, and escalate issues or root causes of systemic issues.
- Enable data scientists, business and product partners to fully leverage our platform.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand client requirements and build technical solutions and delivery plans
- Evaluate and communicate technical risks effectively and ensure assignments delivery in scheduled time with desired quality
- Provide end to end Big data solution and design details to data engineering teams
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Big Data technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing data pipelines
- SAS Knowledge or experience is a plus
- Strong demonstrable experience in Hadoop Distributions – Cloudera/Hortonworks/Mapr.
- Big Data Technologies – Hadoop HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Sqoop.
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Cloud Big data – AWS EMR, AWS Glue, AWS Kinesis, Azure Data Lake.
- Experience in designing solution using batch data processing methods, real-time streams, ETL processes and Business Intelligence tools.
- Designing Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs
- Expertise in writing complex, highly-optimized queries across large data sets to write data pipelines and data processing layers.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
How To Apply
Send your CV in on the link – https://transunion.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/TransUnion/job/Leeds-United-Kingdom/Lead-Data-Engineer_19017716, or email email@example.com for more details.
- Address 1 Park Ln, Leeds
- Salary Offer up to 70k
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org