We are looking for a Kitchen Assistant with passion and drive to join our Oakwood Lodge Retirement Living PLUS scheme in Willenhall, for people aged 55 and over. This role is a part time role, working 24 hours per week, on a rota, including weekends and Bank Holidays.
As a Kitchen Assistant you’ll prepare and serve good home cooked meals to our customers, working under instruction as well as using your own initiative. You’ll work closely with the Cook, taking their lead to ensure our customers are catered to. You’ll be responsible for menu planning, specific to scheme requirements and liaising all changes with the Scheme Manager.
Our ideal candidate? We are looking for people who:
- Have experience of working in a catering service
- Have a Food Safety Level 2 qualification – or must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- Are confident in operating a basic till and cash handling
- Customer focused and motivated to deliver a consistently high level of service.
Who are Midland Heart? We’re a large and ambitious housing organisation providing more people an affordable place to call home. We welcome people from every walk of life, at every stage of their career. We expect a lot from our people but in return, you can be assured of a great place to work, where you’ll be well rewarded and where great people are able to succeed. Whether you want to build your career with us, or use your experience to move on, we’re here to develop your potential.
- Address Oakwood Lodge, Willenhall, UK
- Salary Offer £11,856