|Job Title||Junior Overhead Line Engineer|
|Reporting to||SPN Design lead|
|Function||Capital Programme and Procurement|
|Salary Range||Circa £39,790 + benefits|
|Closing Date||2nd February 2021|
Should you not currently have the full range of essential skills, qualifications and competencies listed above, there may be an opportunity for further training to equip the successful candidate appropriately. If the successful candidate does not have all relevant competencies for the core grade, it will be appropriate to appoint at a lower grade until they have developed the required competencies.
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also provide the following additional benefits
- Annual leave 25 days
- Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
- Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
- Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Occupational Health support
- Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
- Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
- Discounted access to sports and social clubs
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Supporting and working with the design team to produce overhead line engineering designs on APP and Connection projects. These designs will be developed from scope’s provided by CP Delivery team, Asset Management or Connections.
In this role you will report to the Design Lead and will support and assist with the wider design team. You will learn and gain an understanding of the overall design process, compliance requirements, statutory regulations and relevant UKPN standards for designs for all customers.
- To learn and to assist with the production of Structural and Overhead Line Designs, that can be constructed in compliance with standards and CDM requirements.
- Works range from 11kV to 132kV wooden pole and steel tower design.
- Work towards gaining an understanding of the relevant Codes of Practice and company and industry standards.
- Work towards gaining an understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations and company procedures.
- Work as a Team Player in a dedicated Project team/Engineering Design team.
- To learn and gain an understanding of design risk assessments and how from good design hazards can be eliminated/reduced in accordance with CDM Regulations.
- To learn and to assist with ensuring designs provide sufficient information about aspects of the design of the structure or its construction or maintenance as will adequately assist clients, other designers and contractors
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Formal engineering qualification is essential, degree would be desirable.
- Have a civil / structural engineering background.
- Good team working skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft desktop applications, in particular: Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be competent in written and oral communications.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or Micro station.
- PLS CADD and Tower software knowledge would be desirable, however training will be provided.
The post holder is required to undertake site visits as part of this role and this will include entry to operational substations where compliance with safety rules and procedures is mandatory.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
Employees need to be aware that for some craft and operational roles that work at height, or use fall arrest devices, there is an upper weight limit of 116kG due to maximum safe working load of the safety equipment that is used
If in doubt ask!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Address Crawley
- Salary Offer Circa £39,790 + benefits