Chatham House, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, is a world leading independent policy institute based in London. As a global think tank, our mission is to help build a sustainably secure, prosperous and just world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our growing IT Team who are looking to recruit a skilled and hardworking 3rd line IT Systems Engineer to support, maintain and develop our core applications, servers and systems.
This is an outstanding time to join Chatham House. In its centenary year, the institute was already working in a context of turbulent global affairs. The Coronavirus pandemic has seen historic disruption, and the organisation itself, like many others, has rapidly adapted to new and creative ways of working and we are looking for someone to support us as we build our internal IT capability.
The focus of the role is in two parts: provide in-house capacity to manage the Windows servers, Exchange, SAN, Active Directory, O365 and VMware, which are primarily run by an external managed support partner; work with colleagues across the Institute to craft and implement technical delivery solutions for projects using internal or external IT infrastructure.
The right person will be a key member to our IT department, with influence on the strategic direction of the IT network and infrastructure. This role reports directly into the Head of IT.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and value diversity at our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require assistance due to a disability, please contact us on HR@chathamhouse.org.
- Maintain, support and develop core applications, servers and systems used within the Institute and support the Institute with migration to cloud-based services where appropriate;
- Collaborate with our diverse colleagues to select and integrate technical solutions for a range of digital projects using either the internal IT infrastructure or externally sourced systems and services;
- Ensure the managed service provider is providing all elements of server, network and firewall monitoring in line with agreed metrics;
- Test and continuously improve processes and procedures for patch management, disaster recovery and business continuity and onboarding/offboarding of staff are as efficient and robust as they can be;
- Develop and implement appropriate network security procedures and policies;
- To research, plan, coordinate and implement any upgrades in accordance with industry standards with third parties;
- To administrate Windows Servers through scripted as well as conventional methods, including PowerShell for user accounts and access privileges;
- Maintain and develop Windows server environment running under Windows 2008 and 2012;
- Configure and support network account management interfaces with Cloud-based services such as Office 365;
- Ensure that essential systems can be brought back into service rapidly in the event of a major incident;
- Support and perform system maintenance, security and integrity checks by supervising backup procedures and other security controls;
- Lead documentation and change control processes to applications, systems and servers.
Benefits include approximately 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and Chatham House closure days); pension scheme; employee assistance programme; medical insurance cash plan; life assurance and other benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle including access to Headspace and in-house yoga. All of this, in a professional, engaging and intellectually stimulating environment.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. You must have an existing and unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Closing Date: Tuesday 17th November 2020 at 10 am. You will be notified of your application outcome within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Application Process: Please provide us with your CV and a Personal Statement explaining:
- Why you believe you are a good fit for this role and Chatham House;
- How you have successfully applied your skills and experience in previous organisations.
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 (Depending on experience)
Location: London based.
Contract: Full time (35 hours per week), Permanent
You are customer-focused, flexible individual who is comfortable working in a windows environment. You must also be/have:
- Confident in running applications, servers and systems in an enterprise network;
- Skilled in implementing large IT services projects and working with external suppliers to deliver services;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Windows server management, Active Directory, MS Exchange / O365 and Veeam;
- Networking experience – TCP/IP Cisco and broad knowledge of networking technologies (IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, switching);
- Ability to implement Endpoint security software;
- Knowledge of using at least one high level programming language such as Powershell;
- Practical in-depth knowledge of managing and maintaining VMware vSphere;
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of staff;
- Ability to prioritise own workload under minimal supervision.
- Experience working within the Not-for-profit sector;
- Knowledge of Citrix.
How To Apply
Please click the following link to apply: https://apply.workable.com/chathamhouse/j/9EA87973A7/
£55,000 - £60,000