We offer flexible working options
Salary £58,000-£62,000 with excellent benefit
Full time – 37.5hrs
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
At Bupa, we’re passionate about technology. With colleagues, customers, patients and residents in mind you’ll have the opportunity to work on innovative projects and make a real impact on their lives.
Right from the start you’ll become part of our digital strategy, joining us on our journey and developing yourself along the way.
We have an exciting opportunity for a IT Project Manager who has a wealth of experience in Infrastructure or and Security. Joining our Information Systems, IT Shared Services, Programmes & Commercial business unit, you will manage the delivery of one or more large or complex change projects or workstreams within the IT Shared Services portfolio. You will help build and deliver against a
technology project pipeline traceable to Bupa’s transformational goals, ensuring optimal utilisation of resources to support efficient and effective delivery of projects that are placing demand on shared technical and business experts.
What you’ll do:
- Full delivery of multiple projects within IT Shared Services portfolio – from initiation to roll-out – in an autonomous manner, interacting with senior stakeholders
- To drive the successful delivery of multiple, simultaneous IT change projects and initiatives for Bupa.
- To establish and manage effective and trusted relationships with key Business and IT project stakeholders.
- Lead the project team(s) in translating business requirements into operational plans.
- Create and manage optimised project plans, resource requirements, budgets, critical success factors and key milestones for all projects.
- Control and monitor the project finances to ensure efficient delivery, adhering to the business value case at all times.
- Identify and manage project risks, issues and dependencies and manage change holistically.
- Overall responsibility for leading and managing the project team including supervisory and matrix management of Business change team members.
- Work collaboratively with IT and Business resource management and other project managers to maintain a resource demand forecast and optimise resource utilisation
- Use judgement to determine when it is necessary to escalate through established escalation channels in a timely manner.
- To execute appropriate project governance and reporting frameworks in partnership with the PMO.
- Realise opportunities to reduce cost and increase service throughout the duration of the project.
- Ensure robust and measurable business cases exist for each project, with clearly identified and traceable commercial outcomes at all times.
- Effectively engage and manage vendors, focussing on strong delivery capability and cost efficiency opportunities for the project as well as Bupa holistically.
- Ensure that projects are managed in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures (eg, ITSS Change Methodology, Agile, SDLC, and Review Boards)
- Formulating plans for projects and programmes of work including deliverables, costs, and implementation of business changes into Bupa in line with all applicable strategies and methodologies.
- Effective working relationships with colleagues across Bupa and with third parties to gain their commitment, support and resource to deliver project work.
- Acting as an ambassador of the IT Shared Services and the Programmes & Commercial team internally and externally
What you’ll bring:
- To have strong knowledge and expertise in business and IT (infrastructure/security) project and programme management delivering large or complex change.
- To have excellent interpersonal skills, empathy and at times fortitude and resilience.
- Highly results oriented and focussed on adding value to Bupa.
- To have extensive experience of multiple business and IT project delivery methodologies (eg, Agile, SDLC).
- To be able to thrive in pressurised environments, with a clear approach to decision making.
- To be an advocate of change, with significant experience of implementing Business and IT change.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced stakeholder management skills across a wide range of different stakeholders from business customers through to IT colleagues.
- Must have a tenacious approach to problem solving, constantly striving for effective solutions.
- Must be highly proficient in risk, resource and cost management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Effective vendor management skills, combined with strong commercial acumen, in particular involving IT suppliers.
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a IT Project Manager (Infrastructure/Security) you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan and life insurance
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you’ve been.
This is where you’re going.
This is what we have belief in.
- Address Bupa Place, 102 The Quays, Salford
- Salary Offer £58,000-£62,000
- Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org