What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
This person will be expected to engage directly with business units and IT functions of Canon Europe. You will be engaging with relevant stakeholders during every stage of the project lifecycle, including software selection, functional and technical design, build, maintenance, enhancement and decommissioning.
Providing the Digital domain with innovative, best fitting end-to-end process/IT solutions based on an expert understanding of both business processes and technology capabilities.
Work alone or as part of a broader team including Business Analysts & Solution Architects. Primarily working on various B2B and B2C new or existing projects throughout their project lifecycle.
Participate in, manage and where required lead workshops and collaboration with business consultants, architects and third parties
Manage and participate in the refinement work for prioritised business requirements covering both system and relevant business process changes. Document these use cases in appropriate tools e.g. Jira
Business processes map as is and, working with the business, define the to be processes.
Support the Product Owner to manage the Backlog and help shape roadmaps.
Support and/or lead IT and business teams through a software selection process including new RFP’s and vendor evaluations
Support and / or lead the mobilization of new projects through Canon’s IT governance process, including creating documentation such as project initiation documents and associated lightweight business cases.
For approved / in flight projects, ensure that the epics, user stories and designs are groomed to the correct level of detail and with appropriate prioritisation and acceptance criteria to facilitate scoping, estimation and subsequent build activities
In some cases there will also be the expectation to drive and manage the project from discovery phase through to implementation and hypercare.
Plays a key part in the DevOps transition and the role requires an operations and delivery excellence mindset
What we ask
The successful candidate will have a mix of experience, capabilities and skills across the following:
- Solid experience in ICT, most of which is in a relevant digital domain i.e (eCommerce, Content Management, Digital Asset Management etc.)
- Knowledge of either B2C and/or B2B customer experiences.
- Skilled in digital business with good understanding across eCommerce, CMS, DMS, DAM domains (not exclusively web focused) and associated supporting systems.
- Experience in ICT with exposure to process and experience design including business architecture.
- Professional experience with various aspects of IT projects, from design through development, testing, implementation, and support.
- Professional experience with key applications and technologies in the digital domain (e.g. eCommerce, CMS, DAM, PIM, Analytics).
- Awareness of relevant technologies in the wider digital industry, and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Professional experience with business analysis and project management.
- Experience of working with either waterfall or Agile development lifecycles
- Experience of working with collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint etc.
- Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into functional requirements and designing business models using UML diagrams.
- Desired skills mapping to key applications in Canon landscape – knowledge of SDL Tridion, OpenText DAM, Oracle ATG eCommerce are highly desirable
- You should be project delivery focused able to own the process and deliver acceptable outcomes
You will need
- Act as a Team player
- Apply Business Acumen
- Create Insight
- Drive for Results
- Focus on the Customer
- Take Ownership & Accountability
Do you match with this role? Do not hesitate and apply! You will be part of an energetic and innovative environment with more than 50 different nationalities at our EMEA HQ at Stockley Park.
Here are some of the benefits we offer!
- Annual Bonus
- 25 days of personal holiday per year
- Excellent Pension Plan
- Healthcare and wider medical plan
- Discounts on Canon products
- Flexible benefits policy
- Free parking on site
- Subsidized restaurant and Costa Coffee on site too!
Canon also champions hybrid working and a flexible working policy, from Summer 2021, we’re returning to our Stockley Park office on a hybrid basis with several days a week in the office to profit from contact with friends, colleagues and stakeholders alike.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world’s best imaging company. Expect the Exceptional.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s visionary, innovative and bold. As the world’s best imaging company, we’re living and working together for the common good.
- Address Uxbridge, Middlesex, UK
- Salary Offer Competitive