- United Kingdom
- Uxbridge, Middlesex
- Supply Chain
- Specialist/ Professional
- Full-time Fixed Term
Job Purpose and Summary
We are looking for individuals with a clear focus on the customer to come and join the team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. Ideally you are already a competent inventory control analyst who has a passion for accuracy, has strong analytical skills and thrives on attention to detail. You will enjoy the opportunity of working in a fast-paced environment and work well as part of a team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to come and put your own stamp on things.
The Inventory Control Specialist plays a pivotal role in ensuring that our warehouse operations run effectively and in line with European guidelines. Working across all areas of the business they will be responsible for delivering the day-to-day task of maximising space, while optimising the flow of stock and minimising costs to the business.
They will also be responsible for proactively monitoring performance, service and inventory levels. They will work closely as part of the wider Business Operations team, building strong relationships with our warehouse and logistics partners as well as the wider Service and sales organisation.
The Inventory Control Specialist will
- take ownership and responsibility for assigned tasks within the area of Inventory management
- maintain and update accurate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- proactively contribute towards our continual operational improvement plan.
The work is varied and provides a fantastic opportunity to develop your career.
What we give
With Canon, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We’ll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You’ll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
A salary circa £27,034 to £28,536 (subject to experience)
- Fully flexible benefits, including attractive company funded core benefits such as Private Health Care, Cycle to Work scheme, Season ticket loans and volunteer days
- Learning & Development – As a Company that encourages continuous learning you will always have resources and support available.
- Work & Home Life Balance – We support with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year, holiday purchase and a flexible working policy.
- Diversity – We are an organisation that delivers on a global scale, striving to create a diverse and empowered workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Health & Wellbeing – Free private healthcare, an Employee Assistance Programme, partnership with Mental Health First Aid UK with a network of mental health champions and discounted rates to Nuffield Health Gym.
- Employee discount – Up to 38% off products from our Canon store.
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Canon Awards programme.
What we ask
Experience in the logistic sector is preferred together with project management skills and process mapping. As part of the role, you will be required to work in our systems and analyse data so you will need established skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in the use of Oracle, to help produce information and reports that are specific and relevant to the business, would be ideal, but training can be supplied as required. Excellent time management skills and communication skills are critical as you will be regularly engaging with our partners, suppliers, and key stakeholders across the business at all levels. Personal drive and a determination to succeed are prerequisite.
The ideal candidate will likely have,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or an equivalent level of technical understanding gained through relevant experience
- Working towards Accreditation – Chartered Institution of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) and/or CILT accreditation – Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
Core responsibilities will include
- Actively involved in ensuring minimum stock levels are held in the warehouse. Support ongoing warehouse optimisation program to maximise space and minimise costs
- Act in the capacity of Subject Matter Expert, both of procedures and systems utilised by teams within the sphere. Function as conduit between key stakeholders to help ensure that clean orders are submitted and managed in the most effective way
- Take a lead in providing greater visibility over stock levels, managing the Buyback process to ensure all slow-moving stock is sold back to the CEL within the set timescales.
- Responsible for managing the 2nd hand stock process, managing the return of products to our warehouse, refurbishment programs and brokers.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the business and share best practice to help educate the other areas on key dependencies and issues.
- Work closely with Finance teams to maintain inventory accuracy and ensure that compliance requirements are met.
- Sox Compliance – follow defined inventory management procedures as defined in the relevant SOX control to ensure that all orders meet the compliance standards, and the correct procedures and processes are being followed.
- Effective management and monitoring of data to produce regular reports and analysis to the business.
- Manage stock reconciliation report and investigate any discrepancies between the Canon Oracle system and the DHL’s WMS to improve the picking accuracy and minimizing the write-off items.
- Return Order Management & Tracking – responsible for tracking, processing, and closing return orders delivered to the warehouse.
- Refurbishment centre – help and support to the Service Team on the Inventory Management processes for the stock held in the warehouse.
- Run and distribute weekly and monthly reports on inventory levels, accuracy, and adjustments available to analyse and provide input and management for key business processes
- Monitor sub inventories and report values on a weekly basis to prevent unclear stock status and restrict level of non-saleable stock. Monitor Warehouse Performance against key performance indicators – receiving, order handling, shipping and initiate counter measures in case agreed targets are not met.
Deliver a consistent and positive customer experience
- Query Management: Proactively monitor and manage Inventory inbox and stock inquiries within defined SLA. Responsible for swift escalation of issues.
- Monitor and log performance issues to help identify bottlenecks and opportunities for performance improvements.
- Throughout this role you will have the opportunity to use your excellent communication skills to communicate internally across different business areas.
You will need
You will need to highly organised and enjoy providing an excellent level of customer service. Excellent planning and organisation skills. Proactive and problem-solving skills and excellent time management skills allowing you to be highly productive. In addition, this role requires the following core competencies
- Communicate effectively
- Focus on the customer
- Act as a team player
- Apply high standards of accuracy
- Plan & organise effectively
- Drive for results
- Task and goal-orientated, with high energy levels and strong attention to detail
- Able to deliver high quality against tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- Desire to exceed expectations
Location: Canon UK & Ireland, The Bower, Stockley Park, Uxbridge
Canon is an equal opportunity employer. Canon recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status or other protected status as required by law.
At Canon we have a clear vision: to be committed to creating a more inclusive and equitable culture where employees are valued and can thrive personally and professionally.
Canon also has a strong commitment to sustainability, encompassed by our Kyosei philosophy of living and working together for the common good, focused on reducing our environmental impact and creating opportunities to make positive social contribution.