We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. We are solving the fundamental problem of fully autonomous vehicles, a vision that requires a team of creative, driven people.
Our Vehicle Engineering team leads the design, integration and build of all of our test vehicles. These vehicles are used to prove our technology in the real world, both on-road and in a wide range of off-road environments. We are looking for a Stores Person to help drive efficiency in our workshop.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all departments
- Works with others to create an auditable and accurate stores department
- Provides an effective supply service to the vehicle engineering team
- Ability to accurately monitor and record stock levels and precise usage of parts
- Proactive approach to shortages and communicates effectively with others to resolve issues
- Assists in the turnaround of components, working closely with the team and external suppliers
- Provides assistance on logistics as required
- Able to create purchase requisitions
- Confidence and knowledge to feedback any changes to improve the supply of components
- Open, honest communication and teamwork
- Available to travel as required
- Follows and enforces Health & safety standards
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrable track record of working in an inventory controlled environment
- Ability to understand what our Vehicle Engineering team does, and what they need to enable their goals
- Valid driver’s license
- This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity
- An understanding of coordinating inventory management, stock control and timely procurement processes
Extra kudos will be awarded for any exposure to:
- Working in a vehicle build environment or parts department (Motorsport, OEM prototype build etc…)
- Implementing an ERP system, or rolling out sizeable changes to existing procurement / inventory management processes and tools
What you’ll enjoy if you come and work with us:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual salary review
- Pension (3% from us, minimum 5% from you)
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
- Bean to cup coffee and complimentary fruit
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday around core hours of 10:00 – 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more – we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
Help us solve one of the worlds greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.