We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
Are you experienced in leading and managing events or visits function?
Can you think creatively, instil confidence with clear thinking whilst under pressure to deliver exceptional high profile engagement events?
Do you enjoy developing a strong network of key contacts and can maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Events and engagement are a key mechanism to inform and engage employees in a way that motivates them to maximise their performance and deliver business strategy most effectively. The demand for staff events has increased, alongside a growth in staff numbers and staff networks over the past 2 years. In parallel, technological developments and the changes to how organisations communicate and collaborate, accelerated by the Covid pandemic, has fundamentally changed how organisations engage with their staff. New platforms and formats for engagement opportunities between staff, their leaders and managers mean that different skills, technology and new approaches are needed for these events to be successful.
The post holder will be responsible for the formulation and delivery of internal corporate events including identifying relevant locations, managing logistics, briefing senior stakeholders and working collaboratively with colleagues, leading a team to put together and deliver an events and engagement plan to create a range of opportunities for staff to engage.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Managing the planning and execution of internal corporate events
- Providing leadership support and coordination for internal corporate events
- Developing events offer proposal and supporting processes and secure business buy-in from senior colleagues and sponsors
- Co-ordinating the input of all relevant parties contributing to the success of corporate events and visits
- Developing strong working relationships with ExCo members, private offices, HR colleagues, senior officials, digital champions and external stakeholders
- Assessing and clearing your team’s briefings, proposals and visit schedules, as well as briefing senior stakeholders personally
- Leading a team across all elements of events planning and logistics including sourcing and securing venues, technology support, attendee management, organising additional technical support/external resource as required, providing budget and finance management, and producing communications to deliver excellent value for money and a high-quality service
You will need to be organised, able to co-ordinate a number of complex visits simultaneously, react quickly and calmly under changing circumstances and think creatively to deliver under pressure. You will also need to have the skills and experience to recce visits and test approaches as required, providing expert logistical and communications advice.
You will have the ability to influence at all levels, within the department and outside it, and have a great understanding of the political and business context we work in, and our role within it.
You must have the confidence to engage directly with senior colleagues and stakeholders, and advise on recommendations.
Leading this new team is exciting, demanding work which often involves extensive domestic travel.
A minimum of 40% of your working time should be spent at your principal workplace, although requirements to attend other locations for official business, or carry out detached duty in another DfT workplace, will also count towards this level of attendance.
- Address Birmingham, Leeds, London
- Salary Offer National Salary: £48,774 & London Salary: £54,105