The Integration team at Oxbotica is absolutely crucial to what we do. By joining this team, you will be contributing to the commissioning of our technology into physical development platforms, ensuring that it is fit for purpose. With your passion for robotics and autonomy, you are at the heart of our journey.
Your day might include:
- Working practically with our autonomous vehicles demonstrating a passion for robotics and autonomous systems.
- Supporting the first demonstration of Oxbotica Tech through both internal demonstrations and externally facing PoC’s. You will investigate the effects of the external environment on the AV and feed back information into the development streams.
- Demonstrating a high level understanding of the system architecture required to deliver an autonomous vehicle(Vehicle control, localisation, perception, planning, ML and computer vision). You will use your knowledge to develop, understand and breakdown feature requirements to plan and execute integration work accordingly.
- You will work in rapid iterations to ensure new features are integrated onto the AV in a staged and controlled yet efficient manner.
- Taking responsibility for the integration of cutting edge software and hardware into a currently operational fleet. You will monitor the release process for sign off and advise where this needs to be adapted to maintain or even improve performance.
- Using your scripting skills to support integration and data analysis to prove functionality
- You will track release performance advising new methods for analysis and identifying cross system issues. In turn you will communicate with development teams to produce cross team solutions that have high impact on functionality
- Working closely with the vehicle test team, you will advise methods for verification and validation of our autonomous software modules to standardise the behaviours of Oxbotica vehicles and sign off new features.
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrable delivery of projects from working in a complex field robotics systems environment
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in an Engineering/Robotics/Computer Science or a related subject
- A strong understanding of complex robotics systems and the real-world issues inherent in a minimum of one of these domains: perception, scene understanding, prediction, and planning algorithms.
- A solid understanding of test definition and execution for complex systems.
- Proven experience of working with robotics platforms to provide real world solutions.
- Experience of scripting for automation (Python, Matlab)
- Have the careful mindset and attention to detail required for the verification of safety critical systems.
Extra kudos if you have:
- Used Linux/Unix systems
- Used C++
- Understanding of the physics of sensing technology for autonomous vehicles (i.e. LiDAR, RADAR).
- Exposure to controller tuning for robotics platforms.
- Built your own computer hardware or robotics platforms.
- Worked with all levels of calibration for autonomous vehicles.
- Worked with large datasets eg. illustrating examples of how you have been involved in processing large datasets.
You will enjoy the following if we work together:
- Annual salary review
- Salary exchange pension scheme (contribution based on qualifying earnings)
- Wellness bonus (a payment of £300 annually to be spent on keeping your mind and health in a positive and productive state)
- Company Share Scheme
- 25 Days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays; as long as you promise to come back!
- Regular one-on-one sessions
- Bi-monthly “show and tell” sessions
- Quarterly company communications event
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Yearly funded flu vaccination programme
We create the conditions to help you do your best. We do all we can to create opportunities for everyone regardless of personal circumstances. As part of this commitment, we offer a variety of flexible working arrangements including:
- Part time working
- Remote working
- Extended parental leave
- Unpaid sabbatical
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday around core hours of 10:00 – 16:00. This is enough for most; but if you require any extra flexibility we will do what we can to support.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are on a journey to enable all vehicles to do more – we need unique people to get there.
Knowing that diversity drives innovation, brings different approaches, ideas and points of view, we embrace individuality & inclusion and are committed to an environment where everyone irrespective of background, can be the best they can be.
We celebrate building a culture where difference is valued. We are universal – Universal Autonomy.
Help us solve one of the world’s greatest engineering challenges by being yourself.