Information Governance Manager
Location: Bodicote but with opportunities to work flexibly
Salary: £42,348 – £47,259
These are exciting times for Cherwell District Council. We are strengthening our information governance function and we are recruiting a specialist in the field of information governance, data protection and freedom of information law.
Our successful candidate will be someone who has the vision and experience to lead the Council’s co-ordinated and cohesive approach to information management. Someone who is focused on delivering the very highest standards of governance.
If this could be you, read on!
This key role sits within the Council’s Legal function, and you’ll have the chance to re-invent the way we manage information and comply with our statutory obligations from the ground up. The technologies we use. The policies we develop. The structures and processes we put in place. You’ll help define it all, and more.
You will be a strategic thinker but have close attention to detail when it comes to statutory compliance.
- Monitor how data is managed within the Council on a day-to-day basis, and lead the development of Information Governance at both a strategic and operational level.
- Provide Council colleagues – particularly those in the Leadership Team –with expert guidance, support and advice on all matters relating to Information Governance.
- Ensure that all information held by the Council is managed in accordance with Data Protection requirements, and that the Council itself complies with its Freedom of Information responsibilities.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement. Encourage colleagues – both within your own team and across the wider organisation – to share ideas on how we could be doing things better.
To rise to the challenge, you’ll need a rather special set of qualities. Professional capabilities and practical experience are obviously important. But so too are the personal attributes you bring to the role.
- A relevant professional or management qualification, and plenty of practical experience that demonstrates the importance of taking a strategic approach to information management.
- An in-depth understanding of the Freedom of Information Act, GDPR and the Data Protection Act, their specific requirements and how they relate to organisations like ours within the public sector.
- Highly developed IT skills, a sharp analytical mind and the ability to draw meaningful insights from data using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills – both in person and in writing – together with the confidence and credibility to inspire and motivate your team, and win the trust and respect of everyone around you.
Set in the beautiful rolling hills at the northern edge of the Cotswolds, Cherwell District Council serves a population of more than 150,000 people. But while the landscape may be picturesque, life here is not without its challenges.
We have a complex mix of urban communities and high levels of deprivation that that are often hidden from the wider world. Cherwell, however, is a bold and ambitious Council, with a strong track record of delivering strategic programmes and initiatives to tackle these challenges head on.
Please visit the microsite for more information: https://www.cherwellambition.com/
Closing date: Monday 29th August 11.00am
- Address Bodicote
- Salary Offer £42,348 - £47,259