Calico Homes’ is a values led company who through investing in local communities where everyone thrives – through innovation, strength and collaboration. Calico Homes, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
what you’ll be doing
As an Independent Living Officer within Calico Homes’ Independent Living team in Burnley, you will work closely with our older and vulnerable customers helping to deliver a high-quality support service. Your role will involve the delivery of housing related support to vulnerable people, developing and implementing support plans / risk assessments and installation of community alarm equipment.
As an Independent Living Officer you will need to have experience and passion to work with vulnerable or older people. You’ll need to be able to help manage Calico’s housing for older people properties ensuring they are maintained as a safe living and working environment. You will also need to have experience of managing properties receiving housing management services, in communal schemes and individual properties, including their facilities, the use of equipment, booking the communal lounge / guest room, and reporting repairs and faults to contractors.
A successful applicant will have a willingness to work in either a dispersed or communal based environment and have excellent time management, data recording and communication skills. A full clean driving licence, with business insurance, is also essential for this role.
There are two positions available:
- 30 hours temporary for 7 months
- 37 hours permanent
You will be based either in Burnley or Padiham
Your hours of work would be 30 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The salary for this role is £18679.56 per annum pro rata.
what you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays + 3 days for Christmas closure
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Homes and the Calico Group, too many to mention! Calico has a reputation both locally and nationally as an employer of choice, ranked 5th in the “Inclusive top 50 UK Employees list” – an achievement we are exceptionally proud of. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
what you’ll need to be a success
- Willingness to work in either a dispersed or communal based environment
- Excellent time management, data recording and communication skills
- Flexibly managing your own workload and providing regular assistance to help cover other areas within the team.
- You will need to have a full driving license and have access to a vehicle for work purposes (Business insurance required)